StructureUsing FilterX is quite a straightforward process, once you get your head around its structure.
The latter is as follows:
In the launch page of the tool, users can click on a Preset Filter and be directed to its results table. Alternatively they can click on Start a New Filter and immediately start building their own filter. Note here that on the top of this page, users get the option to either start screening the entire universe of LSE listed companies, or exclude all Investment Companies (Investment Trusts, Venture Capital Trusts and Real Investment Trusts).
- Launch page (Preset Filters)
- Core page (3 Dropdown menus, Filters Monitor Area & Results Table)
- Constraints page (Editing tool)
In the core page of the tool, users confront the main functionality of FilterX, which consists of 3 main parts:
In the constraints page of the tool, we have built the functionality for users to limit the price that a variable can take. In order to assist them in this process, we have included a graph which displays how a variable's prices are distributed among companies, as well as the average price & the median price of each variable.
- Criteria menus (3 dropdown menus containing financial variables to built filters)
- Filters Monitor (Display of filters title & formula)
- Results Table (Panel of resulting companies)