Oracle Corp. (NYSE:ORCL)
Historical Stock Chart
5 Years : From May 2010 to May 2015
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, Oracle announced Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.4, Sun Ray Software 5.3 and Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.1, which are part of Oracle's desktop virtualization portfolio.
- These products provide users access to their personal desktop computing environment, enterprise applications and data without being tied to a particular physical client device, delivering benefits such as greater mobility, data security, and easier, centralized administration.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.4 and Sun Ray Software 5.3 provide up to 720p High Definition (HD) video playback on Oracle Sun Ray thin client devices, for a richer user experience.
- New security features including support for 802.1x identity-based network authentication enhance security.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.4 delivers expanded storage options, allowing customers to choose from a wide variety of Oracle and third party storage solutions.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.1 introduces the ability to copy and paste between local applications on the client device and remote virtual desktops, new HD multimedia capabilities, and enhanced integration of smart card authentication.
Richer User Experience, Enhanced Security and Expanded Storage Options
- Key improvements in both Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) 3.4 and Sun Ray Software 5.3 server software include:
- Broader range of storage options: In addition to taking advantage of integration with the industry-leading performance and analytical capabilities of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances, Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.4 now enables support for local storage and third-party storage solutions, giving customers a variety of storage choices when designing deployments or leveraging their existing storage investments.
- Easier management scalability: The new Global VDI Centers feature in Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.4 allows the creation of multiple, independently administered VDI deployments that automatically direct users to the proper server group on login.
- Key improvements for Sun Ray 3 Series Clients and PCs running the new Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.1 software include:
- Richer user experience: Improvements to multimedia acceleration enhance the desktop user experience. New features include acceleration of Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player on the Sun Ray 3 Series Client devices and 720p HD quality video on Sun Ray 3 Plus Clients and PCs with Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.1.
- Smarter hot-desking: New user location awareness features enable applications to provide dynamic capabilities such as follow-me-printing and help ensure more secure access to applications. New auto-resizing features automatically adapt the user's virtual desktop display size when moving between devices.
- Enhanced smart card support: Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software now support the Extended Application Protocol Data Unit (APDU) standard for smart cards that allows larger amounts of information to be stored on smartcards and exchanged with applications, for greater user functionality.
- Increased security: Sun Ray 3 Series Clients now support more sophisticated authentication to the network using 802.1X Extensible Authentication Protocols to allow matching of the network address of the device to the identity of the user prior to access authorization.
- Enhanced USB support for Sun Ray 3 Series Clients: Delivers up to five times faster USB mass storage performance and provides access to a broader range of USB devices.
- "Oracle is the only company that offers everything needed for a complete desktop virtualization solution -- hardware and software," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "With our continued product enhancements, Oracle's desktop virtualization solution is making it easier and more cost-effective for IT to deliver centrally managed, secure services for end user desktops and provide access to enterprise applications from a wider variety of locations and devices."
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Oracle's Sun Ray Clients and Sun Ray Software
- Download Oracle's Desktop Virtualization software here. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Oracle Virtualization home page, Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- Relevant Blogs: Wim Coekaerts
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus for Oracle