ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for pro Trade like a pro: Leverage real-time discussions and market-moving ideas to outperform.

ZKsync Association to Distribute 3.675 Billion ZK Tokens in Community Airdrop

Share On Facebook
share on Linkedin
Print

Starting next week, the ZKsync Association will distribute 3.675 billion ZK tokens (17.5% of the total supply) to its community members. Announced on Tuesday, the airdrop will be available for claiming from June 24th, 2024 until January 3rd, 2025.
ZK tokens serve a governance function within the ZKsync protocol. By holding ZK tokens, users gain voting rights on protocol upgrades and contribute to network fee payments. As the third-largest zero-knowledge proof-based Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution, ZKsync boasts over $750 million in secured network assets according to L2Beat data.

©

ZKsync Prioritizes Community Ownership with Generous Airdrop
ZKsync breaks the mold with its token allocation strategy. While nearly half (49.1%) of the tokens fuel ecosystem initiatives, a community airdrop takes center stage. This airdrop distributes 17.5% of the total supply, exceeding the allocation for both investors (17.2%) and the Matter Labs development team (16.1%). To further empower the community, these team tokens are locked for a year with gradual unlocking starting in June 2025.

This innovative approach ensures the community holds the most significant influence over ZKsync’s future. When the ZKsync governance system launches, token holders will vote on crucial decisions like protocol upgrades and network fees. By prioritizing community ownership, ZKsync fosters a decentralized and user-driven ecosystem.

Airdrop Eligibility and Distribution
The ZKsync airdrop targets active users within the ZKsync ecosystem. As of March 24th, 2024, a snapshot captured activity on both ZKsync Era and ZKsync Lite to identify 695,232 eligible wallets. The token distribution prioritizes users, allocating 89% of the airdrop pool to them. The remaining 11% is designated for contributors who actively supported the ecosystem’s development.

Airdrop concept with colorful parachutes and free golden coins Dollar USD on dark digital background. Distribution of free coins concept. Vector illustration.

To ensure a fair distribution, ZKsync implemented a points system based on user activity. Engaging in actions like smart contract interactions, providing liquidity to DeFi protocols, and trading ERC-20 tokens earned users points. Notably, contributions on ZKsync Lite, such as donations to Gitcoin rounds, also factored into point allocation.
A minimum threshold of 450 ZK tokens was established for individual airdrop allocations. Wallets falling below this threshold will have their designated tokens recycled back into the pool, guaranteeing a minimum distribution of 917 ZK tokens per eligible wallet.

Learn from market wizards: Books to take your trading to the next level.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR FREE ON ADVFN, the world's leading stocks and shares information website, provides the private investor with all the latest high-tech trading tools and includes live price data streaming, stock quotes and the option to access 'Level 2' data on all of the world's key exchanges (LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ, Euronext etc).

This area of the ADVFN.com site is for independent financial commentary. These blogs are provided by independent authors via a common carrier platform and do not represent the opinions of ADVFN Plc. ADVFN Plc does not monitor, approve, endorse or exert editorial control over these articles and does not therefore accept responsibility for or make any warranties in connection with or recommend that you or any third party rely on such information. The information available at ADVFN.com is for your general information and use and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, the information does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by ADVFN.COM and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any investment decisions. Authors may or may not have positions in stocks that they are discussing but it should be considered very likely that their opinions are aligned with their trading and that they hold positions in companies, forex, commodities and other instruments they discuss.

Leave A Reply

 
Do you want to write for our Newspaper? Get in touch: newspaper@advfn.com