PARIS, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The jury of business and retail real-estate experts, chaired by Frederic Laloum, Directeur General Adjoint et Membre du Directoire, Altarea (France), has presented its list of finalists for the MAPIC Awards 2012.
This year the jury had more than double the usual number of projects to review. The categories have also expanded to seven this year from five last year, offering a better picture of both changes in the retail real-estate market and the issues on the agenda in this 18th edition of MAPIC. The 'Best Retail Concept' category for example has been divided into two, one for fashion and footwear and the other for food and beverage as these are the two largest export sectors. In the same way, the new 'Best Multichannel Strategy' category is more in tune with the increasing role that digital commerce plays in the consumer market.
The finalists this year are:
Best fashion and footwear retail concept :
- Adidas Neo (Germany)
- Finsbury (France)
- Orchestra (France)
Best food and beverage retail concept :
- Coffea (France)
- EXKI (Belgium)
- H3 – New Hamburgology (Portugal)
Best high street retail real estate development :
- City of Marseille – New shopping and cultural district (Marseille, France)
Submitted by the city of Marseille
- ION Orchard (Singapore)
Submitted by CapitaLand
- Santa Monica Place (Santa Monica, United States)
Submitted by The Jerde Partnership
Best multichannel strategy :
- FNAC (France)
- McDonald's (France)
- Sephora (France)
Best retail and leisure development :
- Akbati Mall (Istanbul, Turkey)
Submitted by Akis Real Estate Investment Trust
- Hyundai Department Store (Daegu City, South Korea)
Submitted by RTKL
- Morocco Mall (Casablanca, Morocco)
Submitted by Design International
Best retail global expansion:
- Cold Stone Creamery (United States)
Submitted by Kahala
- Debenhams (United Kingdom)
- LIST (Italy)
Submitted by List Fashion Group S.p.A.
Most innovative shopping center :
- L'Atoll (Angers, France)
Submitted by La Compagnie de Phalsbourg
- Roppenheim The Style Outlets (Roppenheim, France)
Submitted by NEINVER France and MAB Development
- The Star Vista (Singapore)
Submitted by CapitaLand
The jury is composed of experts from the retail real estate sector:
- President of the jury - Frederic Laloum, Directeur General Adjoint et Membre du Directoire, Altarea (France)
- John STRACHAN, Global Head of Retail, Cushman & Wakefield LLP (United Kingdom)
- Alain BOUTIGNY, Editor-in-Chief, Sites Commerciaux (France)
- Yann GUEN, Vice-President, Mayland Real Estate (Poland)
- Jacques SINKE, Director of International Retail, MAB Development Group (The Netherlands)
- Klaus STRIEBICH, Managing Director Leasing, ECE Projektmanagement (Germany)
- Delphine DAUGE, Agency Director, Brandimage (France)
- Enis ONCUOGLU, Managing Director - Architect, ONCUOGLU+ACP Architecture (Turkey)
The winners will be revealed during the MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner to be held on Thursday 15 November at the Martinez Hotel in Cannes. After the dinner, all MAPIC participants will join the winners for the traditional MAPIC Awards party.
For more information about your registration please click here.
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is a leading organiser of professional, international tradeshows. Reed MIDEM events have established themselves as key dates in professional diaries. The company hosts MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia and MAPIC for the property and retail real estate sectors.
Reed MIDEM is a division of Reed Exhibitions, the world's leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 39 countries. In 2011 Reed brought together six million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 33 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading publisher and information provider and a FTSE 100 company.
SOURCE Reed MIDEM