F-Secure has launched a new version of F-Secure Mobile Security, offering support for all Android devices including TVs and set-top boxes. The new version also comes with a completely revamped user experience and a renewed commitment to family protection measures. The release arrives as Android threats intensify.
According to F-Secure's 2012 global survey of broadband subscribers(1), security and family protection are top concerns among respondents, 56 percent of whom own a smartphone. When surfing the web, around half of those surveyed feel vulnerable to potential malicious links and are concerned about their privacy and making purchases online. Furthermore, 91 percent of parents think it is important to protect kids from inappropriate web content, and 30 percent of their children have access to a smartphone with Internet.
Android malware so far has mostly been encountered when users download innocent-looking yet harmful "free apps" from various app stores. That is changing. "Android users will soon be more likely to be intentionally targeted in clean, trusted areas of the web," said Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer at F-Secure Labs. "Phishing attacks, banking trojans and other security threats are also a rising concern for mobile devices as consumers increasingly use their devices to surf, shop and bank online."
"Mobile security is becoming more critical. The cumulative number of shipped Android devices is expected to hit one billion in 2013, emphasizing the need for security beyond PCs," said Antero Norkio, director, Product Management at F-Secure. "We've designed a fresh new mobile user experience not just for smartphones and tablets, but also any other device that runs Android such as set-top-boxes and TVs."
F-Secure outplays the competition in mobile security tests
F-Secure is committed to best-in-class protection across devices and operating systems, and the test results prove it. F-Secure Mobile Security was named one of the best products in AV-TEST's Malware Protection for Android test(2), outranking 31 other products, including those of other leading security companies. And in a recent AV-Comparatives Mobile Security Review(3), it was not only a top performer, detecting 98-100% of Android malware samples, but was also recommended to anyone wishing to use parental controls to protect kids from inappropriate web and app content.
Market leader with over 40 major operator partners
A market leader, F-Secure provides mobile device protection to over 40 major mobile operators including TeliaSonera, Vodafone and Telefonica. F-Secure Mobile Security's availability on set-top boxes and TVs opens up new business opportunities for operator partners and is customizable to an operator's own unique brand.
Consumers can now purchase F-Secure Mobile Security in the F-Secure eStore and through F-Secure channel partners. The updated version will be soon available in Google Play. F-Secure Mobile Security can also be purchased along with F-Secure Internet Security 2013 to protect computers, smartphones and tablets in one combined offering. F-Secure Mobile Security supports Android and Symbian systems and is offered in multiple languages(4).
- Protects against harmful apps, viruses and other malware
- Ensures safe browsing and safeguards identity online
- Protects children from unsuitable web content and applications
- Blocks unwanted calls and SMS/MMS messages
- Locates missing device
- Locks and erases data on missing device
- Easy to install and use
For consumers: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_us/mobile-security
For operator partners: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/operators_global/safe-anywhere-mobile-safe-vault-mobile
For business partners: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_us/products/mobile-security/overview
F-Secure - Protecting the irreplaceable
While you concentrate on what is important to you, we make sure you are protected and safe online whether you are using a computer or a smartphone. We also backup and enable you to share your important files. Our services are available through over 200 operators around the world and trusted in millions of homes and businesses. Founded in 1988, F-Secure is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.
f-secure.com | twitter.com/fsecure | facebook.com/f-secure
(1) The F-Secure broadband survey covered web interviews of 6,400 broadband subscribers aged 20-60 years from 14 countries: France, the UK, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, USA, Canada, Brazil, India and Japan. The survey was completed by GfK, 25 May-1 June 2012.
(2) F-Secure Mobile Security was recognized in March 2012 for its excellent performance in AV-TEST's Malware Protection for Android test, which covered 41 products. www.av-test.org.
(3) F-Secure Mobile Security earned top marks in the AV-Comparative's Mobile Security Review, July-August 2012 (released September 2012). F-Secure Mobile Security 7.6. was among the highest performers in malware and adware detection and was also praised for its other functionalities, with special commendation given to its parental control features. Total amount of products tested: 13, F-Secure detected 98-100 percent of the samples with 8 other vendors.
(4) English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Simplified Chinese (People's republic of China), Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesia, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201209/51548_MOBILE_infographic_USA_v2.pdf
Attachment Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2105017
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
LEWIS PR for F-Secure
+ 1 (415) 432-2400