RealSelf.com, the largest website for plastic surgery reviews and information, today released its "RealSelf Medi-Beauty Trend Report," a seasonal report that sheds light on what's hot and what's not in the $20 billion medi-beauty world, including elective plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures. Insights are uncovered based on millions of searches performed at RealSelf.com each month, combined with insider information from RealSelf community members who have had procedures done, and the expert doctors who perform them.
Report highlights include:
- What new surgery is giving mommies a better sex life? The "Mommy Makeover" -- a surgical combo of breast implants, tummy tuck, liposuction and more -- is a hot procedure and getting hotter, with online searches for this post-baby surgery up 13% over the past year. A poll conducted by RealSelf shows that, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest, patients experienced a boost in self-confidence (up four points), attractiveness (up three points) and sex life satisfaction (up two points).
- What are the latest hot Hollywood treatments? Dr. Paul Nassif, a well-known Beverly Hills facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon and fan favorite on the "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," weighed in on Tinsletown's latest looks and celebrity feature requests. What's in? Dr. Nassif cites temple fillers and the Vampire FaceLift® -- a non-invasive facial treatment using the patient's own blood plasma. What's out? The "duck lip" and other overdone looks.
- Bikini season readiness goes high tech! New non-invasive procedures to reduce cellulite and fat are seeing steep search volume increases. On RealSelf.com, in April 2012 there were more than 220,000 searches for Cellulaze™, a new FDA-approved laser to melt fat, compared to just 40,000 searches the month before. CoolSculpting®, a new non-surgical way to reduce fat through precisely controlled cooling, has increased 36% in searches over the past year.
- What are the most popular and effective treatments for fresh spring skin? RealSelf polled 225 people, showing before and after photos of popular non-invasive skin treatments, to see which shaved off the most years. Thermage® led with an average guess of 6.91 years younger on the "after" photo -- slightly ahead of Ultherapy® and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). However, Ultherapy scores the highest in patient satisfaction and interest, boasting an 83% Worth It Rating by RealSelf.com reviewers, and consumer searches for Ultherapy are up a notable 21% on the site over the last year.
- Which cities are on a quest for curves? Curves are in, and RealSelf.com mapped search volume by state to identify geographical hot spots for the popular Brazilian Butt Lift (there were more than 520,000 searches for this procedure in the first quarter of 2012 alone), as well as breast implants. Butt enhancement searches soared in the Southeast, where Florida claimed the #1 spot for Brazilian Butt Lift searches compared to the national average, while the Midwest states dominated searches for breast implants compared to other states.
- Does it matter what doctor you choose? Yes! RealSelf data reveals why it is crucial for patients to do their homework when selecting a plastic surgery provider. RealSelf CEO Tom Seery reviews patient satisfaction data in depth and reveals satisfaction rates are an average of 15% higher when procedures are performed by board-certified doctors trained in an aesthetic specialty, versus those who are not.
Also included in the RealSelf.com Medi-Beauty Trend Report is a full schedule of live "Doc Talk" online video chats with board-certified surgeons, where consumers can learn and ask questions about procedure options firsthand, from Mommy Makeovers to Brazilian Butt Lifts. For the complete "Doc Talk" schedule, trend report, images, infographs and more, visit http://bit.ly/realselftrends1.
RealSelf is the most visited online community for learning about and sharing information and results for medical-beauty treatments. Dedicated to helping people make suitable and empowered elective decisions, the site features consumer reviews, Worth It Ratings, pricing information, and thousands of before and after photographs that collectively tell the 'real story.' The site also includes safety information and a Q&A with more than 4,000 board-certified doctors so visitors can interact with qualified experts and make safe decisions. RealSelf covers thousands of topics ranging from cosmetic dermatology to plastic surgery, cosmetic dentistry vision correction and more. www.realself.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1987596
Duo PR, for RealSelf