|HOME» LSE » L » LLOY Share Price » LLOY Share Chat|
Lloyds Share Chat :
- Alphorn 14:47:40 28/07/2014
- Bw - agree 100%; it is one of the directors' duties to ensure that a company does not break the law! In the case of death (eg. ferry disaster, there can be a case of manslaughter for the board to answer).
- begorrah88 08:50:29 28/07/2014
- Don't like the look of today Gives the impression that good figures have been pumped out to the journos to 'sell' to the public, whilst funds are offloading. No buying resistance - main benefit of RBS figures already taken back Something afoot?
- Sydney4 20:08:54 27/07/2014
- What will be will be on thursday but why all this puerile reporting on a profit or a loss. In accounting there seem to be so many types of profit or loss - could these reporters have the transparency to say which bottom line they think they are talking about.
- thekida 10:41:25 27/07/2014
- According to this article Lloyds are to reveal a loss....goes on to say government will sell the rest of the shares in Oct...but only if Scotland votes No hxxp://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/money/news/article-2706827/Government-stake-Lloyds-sold-soon-October.html TK
- broadwood 13:53:17 25/07/2014
- Markets look 18 months ahead? Probably reasonably true in the US case. They've made their money on the expected recovery - so what happens next? Yields have also been a factor. More people have come in looking for higher yields as returns on cash and bonds are minimal.
- broadwood 13:46:43 25/07/2014
- Its also interesting to note that the S&P has hit new highs no fewer than 27 times in the last year. Obviously QE was a major factor but economies needed kick starting after the worst recession in a hundred years. There wasn't an alternative.
- twirl 09:06:04 25/07/2014
- Good for RBS to catch the hedgies out. Expect them to keep trimming us below 75. In our results I reckon we will have excellent profit growth ,reducing ppi risk and a divi announced. We ought to go over 80p on the day. The share offering to retail and inst will probably be announced later.
- begorrah88 08:26:43 25/07/2014
- BW I was kidding obviously I like the thought that the figures are out early at RBS to put one over on the shorting hedge funds who are now either having to buy back at an increasing price or they will bring their heavy cannons out later and try and batter it back down. Up 10% though over there so good to see.
- V9NOD 08:22:39 25/07/2014
- Please when are the results? Will it go up? My selftrade account got me exited a few minutes a go - LLoyds at 87pence; I thought sell but when I went to put the trade they were 75.5pence. How can they do that?
- maxidi 09:36:50 24/07/2014
- litigious society. Let's hope we don't get as bad as the U.S.A. A widow was granted 17 billion dollars for a husband who died from a smoking related illness way back in 1999. The tobacco co. said they will fight the decision! Crazy world.
- redartbmud 19:06:46 23/07/2014
- broadwood Yes, what a ride. It just shows what happens when an illiquid stock gets re-rated. I suspect that it may have run up a bit too far, and will retrench tomorrow, but who knows. That is what makes a market. ya pays ya money etc,etc..... Nice drop of the old vino with dinner! red
- redartbmud 16:07:16 23/07/2014
- bw He's not competing for Canada in the Commonwealth Games is he, as he has escaped over the border? Or alternatively, is he trying to emulate Lord Merv the Swerve by attending high profile sporting events? My sale of Rsw is looking silly now. I should have doubled up on the purchase first thing. Never mind, a profit is a profit. red