|HOME» LSE » L » LLOY Share Price » LLOY Share Chat|
Lloyds Share Chat :
- cm44 21:58:02 20/12/2014
- Ace, Hi M. En vous souhaitant un tres joyeux Noel et une Bonne Annee.cm Believe I could have done better with a French keyboard but am trying to improve ready for next year's jaunt. Feel free, anyone, if my French grammar is dodgy to correct me!!
- Aceuk 20:52:59 20/12/2014
- mr.e, cm is a long termer (nearly as long as me but not as long as broadwood ;-) and tbh (lawd I hate that in shorthand nearly as much as full) he is right: Horta-Osario has done nothing any competent manager couldn't - I remain of the view he is a dead-man-walking
- matt778 19:15:13 19/12/2014
- bballan post 160444 'selling the family jewels' correct me if I am wrong, I seem to remember the labour party selling MG Rover to a management buy out team for £10 which was then asset stripped and resold to BMW among others
- gotnorolex 16:01:03 19/12/2014
- "Everything is positive for lloyds even the negatives". Did you realize that comment is worthy of Einstein ? minus × minus, two negatives make a positive: plus (−3) × (−2) = 6 QED!
- Aceuk 11:39:42 19/12/2014
- You could imagine the uproar caused by the government selling its shares on the sly i.e. without telling anyone that's what it was doing! And inevitably it would be found out (insider knowledge in the market would be leaked) and just imagine what that would do to confidence in the Lloyds share price ....
- RAMILLAR 10:53:11 19/12/2014
- Why did they anounce the plan instead of just going ahead and selling gradually? - the market would not be so wary. As it is, with a big sale overhanging, the share price is unlikely to rise. But anything could happen!
- begorrah88 07:11:48 19/12/2014
- Not sure Santa will be visiting Lloy though. It is one resillient horse though and we are due a period of better news than this constant scenario of the media, the regulator, GO etc all taking shots at LLoy
- CallMeBanana 20:50:08 18/12/2014
- With complex macro events, it's difficult to be sure which way markets will go.The US dollar is likely to resume its downward trend.Oil is likely to be highly volatile (5.6% rise yesterday spooked markets).Meanwhile, corporate profits and M&A activity are very strong.
- twirl 15:58:40 18/12/2014
- the LLOY market has been run by the large hedge funds for 6 months or so. The govt have now created a range that was already there. The hedges will trade the range. We are all invited to follow suit and make money on the yo yo.
- twirl 15:56:01 18/12/2014
- From govt point of view 1 raises potentially £3bn 2 can't be criticised for selling low if sp goes up after a placing 3 can't upset sid if sp goes down after a public sale 4 won't be selling for less than "cost"
- begorrah88 10:21:21 18/12/2014
- That's the one redartbmud! That way they can build in a revisit to fine Lloy for allowing it to happen so as to keep the FCA income stream rolling in. Clever buggers these City types. Tied to 75p on a string while everyone decides on where to take it in the meantime.
- mikeran 09:51:46 18/12/2014
- this is now a longer term play for 2015-- just when can they announce any dividend whilst they are in the process of selling off the overhang ?? the players still want it at the lowest price. Just look at what they achieved with the last sell off-- manipulated it daily to a level of their choice. They actually want it all- sod any return to the taxpayer.