|HOME» LSE » A » AFR Share Price » AFR Share Chat|
Afren Share Chat :
- boxerdog1 16:26:10 22/07/2014
- It appears we will just have to wait until the 4th of August for any meaningful update in the half year results. Its been brought forward as the previous year it was 3 weeks later, is there anything we could read into that as its almost 8 months by then since we've heard anything operational wise.
- stefield 02:13:07 21/07/2014
- 15p is fine, as long as we dont have the same drop gasol had first. plus they are now delisting the company. i cant see much good coming from that, the jump is probably shorts closing cos they worried this is their last chance.
- boxerdog1 17:48:49 20/07/2014
- Comparison I'm attempting to make was the deafening silence both shareholders have suffered nothing to do with the 74% rise as I did say 20% of 74% would do me ie. 15P. Read on the BB. overthere that the BOD. didn't consider there was anything of consequence worth reporting on. Bingo 74% rise.
- speedsgh 08:34:54 14/07/2014
- limit up - re your #129857 - completely agree re prioritising kurdi disposals. also agree that dividend ought to be well rcvd by the market. it's all about timing on the disposals but the circumstances dictating that is largely out their hands. just have to wait for the sands of fortune to blow their way for once.
- limit up 15:37:42 12/07/2014
- dvd could be a capital payment ie no income tax,like imi did this year.i would hope some of the proceeds of any sale would be paid back in the form of a dvd,that in my opinion would re rate the shares..my thoughts,but we are some time away for this to happen,with all what is going on in iraq.. regds
- limit up 16:59:46 11/07/2014
- the co was opportunistic in buying the kurdi assets on the back of a political settlement,which is now hopfully swinging there way after 3 years,i apprerciate current timing is not good,but it must be a priority,to montise those assets in kurdistan ,when the time is right,and give back to shareholders,like heritage oil did 3 years ago..my thoughts
- speedsgh 12:07:32 11/07/2014
- kurdi assets are certainly not being highly valued at present what with all the geopolitics + warfare in the region + ongoing uncertainty over selling the black stuff on export mkts. however a shrewd buyer might see now as a good opportunity to buy some decent assets at an attractive price. however there also has to be a willing seller too.
- Davius 10:47:01 11/07/2014
- Someone please correct me but I thought they borrowed $500m or something like it at a fairly high interest rate to fund the Kurd purchase, it would not seem sensible if so to use monies received (if it were sold), to pay a special dividend. Far better to pay down some debt. But what's the asset currently worth I wonder?
- Leeson31 08:19:54 10/07/2014
- good luck limit-up. the special divi is not unreasonable if they did sell the kurdi assets... it never sat right with me for some reason that they bought it. i always saw GKP as the way to get kurdi exposure, so was annoyed when afren got 'exposure'.. cheers
- osirisra 08:16:54 10/07/2014
- What the hell ever happened to Afren's news flow!!!! We haven't heard anything about anything for ages. William Hill have stopped taking bets that we won't hear anything until the half yearly on 4th August.
- katie priceless 23:42:51 09/07/2014
- Prime Minister Nouri Maliki alleged that Kurdish-controlled Irbil province is becoming a haven for the jihadist-led Sunni rebels. However, he provided no evidence to back up the claim, which was vigorously denied by a Kurdish official in London. About time they got rid of Maliki his nothing but trouble .
- ojh2kent 10:00:13 09/07/2014
- this share continues to destroy my soul! what a pile of sh!t. Do you remember when i said we were due a fall after the execs selling....i really do hate being right here. Will be back to the 130's before we know it and have a mountain to climb again to get back to the 160 levels. I'm sad