|HOME» LSE » A » AFR Share Price » AFR Share Chat|
Afren Share Chat :
- stun12 18:06:13 20/08/2014
- Thanks andrewsr. Similar thing happened with the GKP board apparently, though I already had the culprit filtered there so never saw it myself, but did here at the AFR board. At least we know who was responsible anyway... Odd, mclellan seems a fairly innocuous poster, so I'm not quite sure where the animosity by Slicker comes from. I hate 'hackers' so he can feck off.
- sludgesurfer 12:18:20 20/08/2014
- Rumour has it that he's sanctioned the wheelbarrow load of oil Afren have produced from Kurdistan in the last year to be sold to a local goat herder for 50 pence a barrel. 1 wheelbarrow = 0.25 bbls meaning the company coffers have been swelled by about ten pence assuming no illegal payments were paid to management in the process.
- Buy Curious 10:17:20 20/08/2014
- Anyone looking to invest should have a look at slides 18-22 of the Macquarie Oil & Gas Explorers Conference presentation from January, available on Afren.com. Particularly slide 22 with projected NAV. and compare with current mkt cap of 1900 US$mm. .
- Hectorp 19:07:10 19/08/2014
- Well, there are still too many unknowns about the two directors and the market often punishes a company twice. Once of course on the initial news and then if everything is not settled really speedily and in the right business like manner. There is scope for error here ( I dont simply focus this on AFR many companies are in such positions at times. )
- Hectorp 12:26:48 19/08/2014
- mclellan, if they took bribes, perhaps the company will st4ill get punishment from regulators? Anyone think this? I am still long from 98p but I may sell on Thursday anticipating that any positive news will be in the price by Friday morning . H.
- scoobydoo99 11:00:06 19/08/2014
- As a LTH (although still in profit) I've taken the opportunity to buy more - if you're a LTH and have confidence in the company then you know what good value the current sp is. Some operational news would be welcomed mind you, I seem to think we had a lot on the schedule for the 2nd half of 2014 - off to check the last presentation.
- mclellan 09:59:00 19/08/2014
- Probably keep moving up towards the results, I'd think, Sawadee. There was no suspicion that the Company results would be affected by the investigation into the two executives being accused of possibly taking bribes.
- BhoyTrader 16:04:10 18/08/2014
- Panoro Q&A's funny: Q: When are you selling the company? A: Can't say Q: Please when are you selling the company? A: Can't say Q: Pretty please when are you selling the company? A: Can't say Rinse and repeat (oh, and in norwegian for good measure)
- fraserdean 15:31:50 18/08/2014
- Oddly he phoned just last night to say he was very busy preparing politicians for the election and he plans to do sweet FA until that's out of the way. He also said he was delighted to see Man U carry on where they left off. Worth listening to the Panoro presentation though.
- BhoyTrader 12:59:41 18/08/2014
- Can they really publish results with the CEO still suspended though? My reading is that results are intended to be published before the end of this month. Expecting outcome of the investigation before then also. But always the risk that this expands and goes on for longer which will not be nice.
- boxerdog1 09:00:33 18/08/2014
- I think the improvement in the SP. is purely as a result of a change of prime minister in Iraq coupled with international aid in tackling ISIS. plus a buoyant market this past week. The bigger movements will occur when the company make a statement regarding the pending internal issues plus presentation of overdue company updates.
- Ayl30 08:42:16 18/08/2014
- Price seems to be rising as some of the negative external headwinds abate and market overall is more buoyant. All we need now is some clarity from the company re internal issues, anyone have a clue when that is due? Me thinks improvement in sp is a sign city is more relaxed on this issue