CALGARY, June 21 /PRNewswire/ -- A lot of amazing things are happening in science. This story is about one man re-inventing the periodic table so that it is easy to understand. Imagine that!
The fact that someone would dare change the periodic table suggests more great things are about to happen in the world of science. It is revolutionary because its radical new design tears down the current ideas and starts again from scratch.
You can decide for yourself if this man has made the periodic table easy to understand - simply go to http://www.rotaperiod.com/
- It uses 12 columns instead of 18
- It re-draws the line between metals and non-metals
- It emphasizes the strength of the 4+ elements (temperature, organic
- It does not classify the 5+, 6+, 7+, 8+ metals
into groups V, VI, VII, and VIII (or IUPAC 5, 6, 7, 8)
- It uses the vertical and horizontal of the page to displace elements
in a new way
- It incorporates the Lanthanide and Actinide Series elements
It is called the Rota Period (or Rota's Period) and makes Chemistry easier to understand because it is based upon showing valence/oxidation (which determine how elements combine).
CONTACT: James L. Rota, B.Sc., Edmonton, Canada, (780) 488-1460,