NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (Cadwalader), a leading counselor to global financial institutions and corporations, today announced that is has named Associates Nathan M. Bull, Sophie K. Cuthbertson, Douglas J. Donahue, Brian Foster, Ellen Halstead and Jeffrey Nagle to Special Counsel.
W. Christopher White, Chairman of Cadwalader stated: "It is with great pleasure that I announce the promotion of Nathan M. Bull, Sophie K. Cuthbertson, Douglas J. Donahue, Brian Foster, Ellen Halstead and Jeffrey Nagle to Special Counsel. Each of them, have demonstrated a commitment to the law, the profession and to Cadwalader. I commend them for this achievement and on this important step in their professional careers."
- Nathan M. Bull focuses his practice on complex commercial disputes and securities litigation, as well as complex financial instruments such as credit default swaps, synthetic CDOs, auction rate securities and guaranteed investment contracts. Nathan received a B.A. in Economics and History from the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, and earned his J.D. from the New York University School of Law in 2004. As a member of the Firm's Litigation Department, Nathan is admitted to practice in New York, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Sophie K. Cuthbertson, resident in Cadwalader's Washington office, practices in the Firm's Capital Markets Department. She provides advice to alternative asset managers, as well as regulatory counsel to clients. Sophie earned a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1995 and a J.D. in 1998 from New York University School of Law.
- Douglas J. Donahue, admitted to practice in the State of New York, will continue to concentrate his practice on credit derivatives, fixed income derivatives, and structured financial products in Cadwalader's Financial Services Department. He represents both buy and sell-side institutions, including some of the foremost dealers, banks, and hedge funds, in connection with the development, structuring, negotiation and documentation of a wide variety of financial products. Douglas earned his J.D. from New York University School of Law and his B.S. from St. Francis College.
- Brian Foster, a member of Cadwalader's Financial Services Department, specializes primarily in transactional and regulatory matters. In this capacity, Brian advises financial institutions on the structuring and trading of derivatives and complex structured financial products. Additionally, he has represented clients in the negotiation of ISDA, prime brokerage, securities lending, repo and related trading and clearing agreements. Prior to his tenure at Cadwalader, Brian served as a Vice President, Global Fund Derivatives at Deutsche Bank. Receiving a B.A. magna cum laude, from Santa Clara University, and his J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center, Brian is licensed to practice in New York.
- Ellen Halstead, a practicing attorney in Cadwalader's Litigation Department in New York, focuses on various types of securities and complex litigation cases. Ellen received her undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College in 1999 and her J.D. summa cum laude from Syracuse University College of Law in 2004, where she was the Form and Accuracy Editor of the Syracuse Law Review.
- Jeffrey Nagle, an attorney at the Firm's Charlotte office is also a member of Cadwalader's Corporate Department. Jeffrey's principal practice involves the representation of domestic and foreign commercial banks, investment banks and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including leveraged finance and other syndicated bank loan transactions, distressed debt trading, bond offerings and asset-backed lending transactions. He received his J.D. from the New York University School of Law, and he is a summa cum laude graduate of the State University of New York at Albany where he also received an M.A. in Russian Language.
About Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, established in 1792, is one of the world's leading international law firms, with offices in New York, Washington, Charlotte, Houston, London, Hong Kong, Beijing and Brussels. Cadwalader serves a diverse client base, including many of the world's top financial institutions, undertaking business in more than 50 countries in six continents. The firm offers legal expertise in antitrust, banking, business fraud, corporate finance, corporate governance, energy, environmental, financial restructuring and reorganizations, healthcare, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, private client, private equity, real estate, regulation, securitization, structured finance, and tax. More information about Cadwalader can be found at www.cadwalader.com.
SOURCE Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP