NEW YORK, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking announces senior additions to its U.S. cash equity sales and trading teams to extend its leading trade execution capabilities as well as its highly rated European sectorial and global macro research to U.S institutional investors.
Mario Arace has joined SG CIB as a senior sales trader to spearhead the firm's expansion in American cash equity and ADR trading with U.S. clients. Arace joins from Citi where he worked for two years. Previously he headed sales trading at HSBC for six years and JP Morgan for two. He reports to Sean Patrick Farrell, Head of U.S. Sales Trading.
Sunny Duggal has joined the firm's Program Trading desk as a senior sales trader focusing on institutional accounts. He joins from RBS where he was a senior sales trader on their Program trading desk. Previously he worked at Goldman Sachs. His lengthy experience trading ETFs, Futures, Equity Finance and Corporate buy-backs will benefit the firm's clients in delivering across the entire Delta 1 product range. Duggal reports to Jenny Chen, Head of U.S. Program Trading.
Gregory Henry has joined the firm's Quantitative Electronic Services group and is responsible for selling global electronic trading services to U.S domiciled accounts. He joins from UBS where he was an executive director in their Direct Execution Services group. Prior to that, he ran the Singapore office of Liquidnet Holdings and has also held roles at ITG and Instinet. He reports to Richard Johnson, Head of U.S. Quantitative Electronic Services.
Brian Chamberlain has joined the firm's Chicago office as a senior cash equity sales person focusing on Midwest institutional clients and marketing the firm's leading European sectorial and global macro research product. Prior to joining SG CIB, Mr. Chamberlain worked in European equity research sales for Citi, RBS & Merrill Lynch over a span of 16 years.
Will Morlock has joined the firm as a senior cash equity sales person following 21 years of European research sales experience, including 15 years with UBS and six years with BofA Merrill Lynch where he was Head of US/Europe Sales. Mr. Morlock began his career with UBS Warburg in London in 1991, and spent two years in Hong Kong before moving to New York in 1998, where he covered U.S. clients.
Nick Shevloff has joined the firm as a senior cash equity sales person. He was previously with JP Morgan where he was a member of the Senior European Equity Sales team. From 1998-2000 Mr. Shevloff built and ran the European equity desk for JP Morgan in the U.S. before joining Bear Stearns as Senior Managing Director where he was integral in developing their successful U.S./European Equity Franchise (2000-2008).
Mr. Chamberlain, Mr. Morlock, and Mr. Shevloff report to Chris Baildon, Head of U.S. Cash Equity Sales in New York.
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Its 160,000 employees based in 77 countries accompany more than 33 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Societe Generale teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama
- International retail banking, with a presence in Central and Eastern Europe and Russia, in the Mediterranean basin, in Sub-Saharan Africa, in Asia and in the French Overseas Territories
- Corporate and investment banking with a global expertise in investment banking, financing and global markets.
Societe Generale is also a significant player in specialised financing and insurance, private banking, asset management and securities services.
Societe Generale is included in the socially-responsible investment indices: FTSE4Good and ASPI.
For more information, you can follow us on twitter @SocieteGenerale or visit our website www.societegenerale.com.
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking
At the core of Societe Generale's universal banking business model, the Corporate & Investment Bank is a well-diversified and leading player with nearly 12,000 professionals present in 33 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Standing by its clients across sectors, the Corporate & Investment Bank tailors solutions for them by capitalising on its worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance, and global markets.
- For Corporates, Financial Institutions and public sector: providing a global advisory approach (M&A, debt, equity transaction, capital structure, and asset & liability management), as well as quality capital raising solutions across the debt and equity spectrum, optimised financing and expert risk management responses notably in the realm of foreign exchange and rates derivatives.
- For investors: offering reliable and sound investment opportunities and risk management solutions through its integrated global markets platform delivering seamless access to markets (equity, rates, credit, currencies, commodities and derivatives), as well as advice and solid financial engineering, quality of execution and forward looking research across asset classes.
SOURCE Societe Generale