PHILADELPHIA,Pennsylvania, September 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Health information technology and physician leaders to meet in Chicago; Hosted by Clinical Innovation + Technology magazine, sponsored by Elsevier ClinicalKey
Clinical Innovation + Technology magazine is hosting its annual CMIO Leadership Forum, Oct. 3-5, 2012, at the Trump Hotel Chicago, with this year's focus on "Transforming Healthcare Through Evidence-based Medicine."
The forum features Farzad Mostashari, M.D., ScM, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and David A. Kessler, M.D., former FDA Commissioner, as the keynote speakers, in addition to many other exciting presenters. This two-day interactive leadership forum on the role of evidence-based medicine will discuss topics such as: Accountable Care, Medical Home, Meaningful Use, Engaging Patients & Physicians, Government Policy, EMRs, Cost effectiveness, Team-based Collaborative Care and Global Healthcare Challenges.
The CMIO Leadership Forum is designed to foster innovation in evidence-based medicine and promote sharing of evidence-based medicine best practices. It provides a symposium for physician and clinical leaders, C-suite executives, researchers and opinion leaders to share knowledge, information and best practices related to evidence-based medicine. It also seeks to provide a venue for these individuals to learn, discuss, exchange and network.
This forum is sponsored by Elsevier ClinicalKey. With a longstanding commitment to evidence-based medicine, Elsevier is proud to join with Clinical Innovation + Technology to advance the discussion of this important topic.
Other influential speakers at the forum include:
- Carolyn M. Clancy, M.D., Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Md.;
- Peter C. Wyer, M.D., Section Chair of Evidence-based Healthcare at New York Academy of Medicine/Emergency Medicine Department, Columbia University Medical Center, New York;
- Sameer Badlani, M.D., CMIO, University of Chicago, Chicago;
- Margaret Holmes-Rovner, PhD., Health Services Research Center for Ethics and Humanities in the Life Sciences, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing;
- Beatrice J. Kalisch, PhD., RN, Titus Distinguished Professor of Nursing & Director of Education Evaluation & Innovation, University of Michigan School of Nursing in Ann Arbor;
- Donald R. Lurye, M.D., CEO, Elmhurst Clinic, Elmhurst, Ill.;
- Daniel R. Masys, M.D., Affiliate Professor, Biomedical and Health Informatics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle;
- Gene Rich, M.D., Senior Fellow, Mathematica Policy Research, Health Research Division, Washington, D.C.;
- Andrew Auerbach, M.D., MPH, Professor of Medicine in Residence, UCSF and Director of Research Division of Hospital Medicine, San Francisco; and
- Paul S. Auerbach, M.D., Redlich Family Professor of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif.
The CMIO Leadership Forum is designed for the education and enrichment of Chief Medical Officers, Chief Medical Information/Informatics Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Innovation Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Nursing Officers, Chief Quality Officers, Vice Presidents of Clinical Informatics, Vice Presidents and Directors of Information Systems, Clinical Informaticists and clinical department chiefs.
For more information on attending this informative and stimulating event, please visit the CMIO Leadership Forum Registration Website.
About Clinical Innovation + Technology
Clinical Innovation + Technology includes a monthly print and digital magazine, online newsletters, multimedia website and social media outreach. Content is specifically written for the clinical innovation and technology leadership teams including: Chief Medical Information/Informatics Officers, Chief Medical Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Innovation Officers, Chief Transformation Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Quality Officers, Vice Presidents (VPs) of Clinical Informatics, VPs and Directors of Information Systems, Clinical Informaticists, Clinical Department Chiefs, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers and Chief Nursing Officers. To sign up for a subscription to Clinical Innovation + Technology, please visit http://subs.clinical-innovation.com.
ClinicalKey, an Elsevier product, is the world's first clinical insight engine. More than a traditional search engine, ClinicalKey is built from the ground up on Smart Content tagged from Elsevier's proprietary EMMeT taxonomy. It is designed with the physician's workflow in mind. From the fastest speed to answer to the built in tools that make one-click sharing possible, ClinicalKey integrates seamlessly into the hectic schedule of every healthcare professional: Diagnosis/Point of Care; Sharing Information; Staying Current with more than 800 books in every medical discipline, more than 500 top journals and more than 9,000 videos of surgical procedures and other techniques at the fingertips of the healthcare professionals.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and close to 20,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect, Scopus, Reaxys, ClinicalKey and Mosby's Nursing Suite, which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, and the SciVal suite and MEDai's Pinpoint Review, which help research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively.
A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world-leading publisher and information provider, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Director, Corporate Relations