New service for APM Modernization Services for Cloud optimizes business applications
Fujitsu Npv (TSE:6702)
Historical Stock Chart
5 Years : From Jan 2012 to Jan 2017
Fujitsu today announced the release of Value Added Application Assets Management Service, an add-on service that dramatically enhances application maintenance efficiency. This is accomplished by entrusting existing business applications to Fujitsu when using the APM Modernization Services for Cloud, which facilitates the migration of customers' business systems to the cloud.
The new service offers operational processes and tools for the efficient maintenance of application assets. In addition, it also provides analyses of entrusted application assets and sends regular reports to customers. At the same time, it adds an application maintenance platform in order to ensure applications are maintained at their optimal conditions.
As a result of using the new service, customers will always be able to ascertain the status and value of their existing application assets. When used in combination with Fujitsu's already available streamlining service, it is also possible to make optimal use of business applications and respond to moment-to-moment changes in business conditions through measures such as organizing massive numbers of business applications and determining whether it is necessary to continue using or to rebuild applications.
Amid a rapidly changing business environment, customers are demanding the ability to properly take advantage of business applications that respond to these changes. In addition, due to a heightened awareness of the danger posed by natural disasters, there is a great need for implementing disaster prevention measures.
On the other hand, managing massive numbers of business applications can be challenging, and more customers than ever before have expressed needs such as the following:
- The need for tools to help determine whether customers should continue to utilize or to rebuild bloated business application assets.
- The need to improve the maintainability of application assets and prevent them from becoming too bloated and complex.
- The need to perform management in a secure environment in which application maintenance processes are implemented.
- The need for utilization when an environment for maintenance of application assets is desired; the need for easy deployment and arrangements.
- The need to outsource the management of troublesome OSes and middleware; the need to cut down on the labor-intensive process of maintaining and managing environments with security patches, etc.
- The need to backup application assets in a safe location.
To address these needs, Fujitsu is releasing Value Added Application Assets Management Service to enable customers to entrust Fujitsu with business application assets from their existing systems. The new service has been developed based on the know-how accumulated by Fujitsu through its experience in service delivery with APM Modernization Services for Cloud.
1. Application maintenance processes and tools that can be used immediately upon deployment
Together with offering application maintenance processes and tools, Fujitsu also provides a manual outlining the procedures to put them into practice, allowing customers to begin using them immediately upon deploying the service. The application maintenance processes have been developed based on Fujitsu's experience in on-site maintenance, together with ITIL best practices. The process flow is practical, enabling customers to smoothly transition from their current operation and maintenance environments.
2. Delivers analysis reports to help customers make optimal use of applications
Using an asset analysis service already available from Fujitsu, the new service provides detailed monthly analysis reports on customers' application assets. Customers can use these reports as help in formulating short-, medium- and long-term plans for the continued use of business applications and for determining whether rebuilding is required, etc. This allows for optimal, waste-free use of existing application assets that respond to business conditions from moment-to-moment.
3. Improves the serviceability, convenience and safety of application assets
Using Fujitsu's time-tested FGCP/S5(1) cloud environment, the service provides customers with tools that have actually been employed in the on-site maintenance of business systems. Because the service is run from a secure data center, it also answers the needs of customers who are looking to use the service for emergency backup.
Pricing and Availability in the Japanese Market
Product: Value Added Application Assets Management Service
Price (excl. tax): From 125,000 JPY/month
Availability: May 2012
Sales Target: 20 projects in 2012
(1) FGCP/S5: A public cloud service that delivers bundled virtualized ICT infrastructure, such as servers and storage functionality, over a network from Fujitsu's datacenters, providing resources that can be employed on-demand in accordance with customer needs. The service ensures a high level of reliability that is sufficient for deployment in a company's mission-critical systems.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is a leading provider of information and communication technology (ICT)-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in over 100 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please visit www.fujitsu.com.
Source: Fujitsu Limited
Public and Investor Relations
Copyright 2011 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net