ADVFN - Advanced Financial Network.
HOME» NYSE » P » PBR Stock Price » PBR Stock News

Petroleo Brasileiro Share News

 Petroleo Brasileiro S.a. Stock Price
PBR Stock Price
 Petroleo Brasileiro S.a. Stock Chart
PBR Stock Chart
 Petroleo Brasileiro S.a. Stock News
PBR Stock News
 Petroleo Brasileiro S.a. Company Information
PBR Company Information
 Petroleo Brasileiro S.a. Stock Trades
PBR Stock Trades

Brazil's Petrobras Completes Rights-Area Well, Makes Ceara Find

RIO DE JANEIRO--Brazilian state-run energy giant Petroleo Brasileiro SA (PBR, PETR4.BR), or Petrobras, said Friday it had completed drilling a third offshore well in one of the areas transferred to the company from the government in 2010. Petrobras said a 93-meter column of oil was discovered in the well drilled in the Sul de Guara area, south of the Sapinhoa pre-salt oil field that was declared commercial late last year. The company made a preliminary disclosure about the oil discovery in June. The reservoir tapped by the well contained high-quality light oil rated 27 degrees on the American Petroleum Institute's grading scale. The transfer-rights area is an important part of Petrobras's development of the Santos Basin pre-salt region, a cluster of oil discoveries made under a thick layer of salt more than four miles below the ocean's surface. As part of the company's 2010 share offer and capitalization, the government gave Petrobras the right to produce up to five billion barrels of crude oil from highly prospective areas close to the original pre-salt finds. The Sul de Guara well was part of the obligatory-exploration program, which should be concluded by September 2014, Petrobras said. In addition, Petrobras said late Tuesday that it discovered oil in a deep-water offshore well drilled in the Ceara Basin off Brazil's northeast coast. The Pecem well was drilled in the BM-CE-2 block, which Petrobras operates with a 60% stake. The local unit of U.K. oil major BP PLC (BP, BP.LN), BP Energy do Brasil Ltda., holds the remaining 40%. Drilling at the well will continue to a targeted depth of 5,500 meters, Petrobras said. Write to Jeff Fick at jeff.fick@dowjones.com. Subscribe to WSJ: http://online.wsj.com?mod=djnwires

Stock News for Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR)
DateTimeHeadline
04/22/201608:40:00BTG Pactual Sells 2 Insurance Stakes to French Insurer
04/18/201609:10:00Statoil: Positive Production Test of Gavea Appraisal Well in...
04/15/201616:00:00Politician Who Wants to Impeach Brazil's President Has His Own...
04/15/201615:50:00Brazil Assets Are Attractive as Companies Try to Cut Debt
04/15/201603:54:00Aker Solutions Gets $125 Million Subsea Services Pact From Petrobras
04/13/201614:00:00Brazil's Economy Tanks as Political Upheaval Looms
04/07/201611:30:00Brazil Bank Says Its Probe of Ex-CEO Finds No Basis to Corruption...
04/07/201607:00:00Swiss Banks at Risk of Harboring Corruption Proceeds, Says Regulator
04/04/201617:56:00ADRs End Mosly Lower; Brazilian Companies Trade Actively
03/24/201611:00:00Oil Prices Extend Fall as Stockpile Worries Resurface
03/21/201609:10:00Portugal Arrests Suspect in Petrobras Probe
03/21/201609:03:00Portugal Arrests Suspect in Petrobras Probe
03/17/201613:30:00Switzerland to Return $70 Million From Banks as Part of Petrobras...
03/17/201613:16:00Switzerland to Return $70 Million From Banks as Part of Petrobras...
03/16/201617:20:00In Gambit, Brazil's Embattled President Names da Silva to Cabinet
03/05/201617:55:00One Worker Injured in Fire at Petrobras Unit's Refinery Near...
03/02/201617:18:00Brazilian Shares Rise as Vale Gains, Real Strengthens Against...
02/29/201618:41:00ADRs End Mixed; Vale, Petrobras Rise
02/26/201619:06:00Brazil's Petrobras Signs Pact for $10 Billion in Loans From China
02/25/201619:50:00Bill to Open Brazil's Offshore Oil Fields to Foreigners Still...

Petroleo Brasileiro and other New York Stock Exchange stock quotes are delayed by at least 20 minutes.
All other stock price data is delayed by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated.
By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions
Contact Us | Copyright 1999-2015 ADVFN PLC. | Privacy Policy | Investment Warning | Data accreditations | Investor Relations

ADVFNADVFN ItalyADVFN GermanyADVFN FranceADVFN BrazilADVFN JapanADVFN UKADVFN US noad