ADVFN - Advanced Financial Network.
HOME» NYSE » F » FII Stock Price » FII Stock News

Federated Investor Share News

 Federated Investors (pa) Stock Price
FII Stock Price
 Federated Investors (pa) Stock Chart
FII Stock Chart
 Federated Investors (pa) Stock News
FII Stock News
 Federated Investors (pa) Company Information
FII Company Information
 Federated Investors (pa) Stock Trades
FII Stock Trades

Federated Investors 1Q Net Income Down 21% On Legal Expenses

By Aparajita Saha-Bubna Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES Federated Investors Inc. (FII) reported a 21% drop in first-quarter profits fueled by legal costs related to an expected settlement of litigation around the money manager's mutual fund fees. For the quarter ended Mar. 31, Federated, a top U.S. money market funds manager, reported net income of $33.2 million, or 32 cents a share, down from $42 million, or 38 cents a share, a year earlier. The results for the most recent quarter include an after-tax charge of 11 cents per share for a one-time legal expense tied to the expected settlement. "As markets have recovered over the past two years, investors are once again becoming comfortable assuming moderate amounts of risk in their portfolios," Chief Executive J. Christopher Donahue said in a statement. The Pittsburgh-based mutual fund company's shares, which closed up 1.2% at $26.52, were unchanged in post-market trading activity. Federated's total assets under management stood at $354.9 billion in the first quarter, up 1% from a year earlier but down 1% from the prior quarter. Money market assets in both funds and separate accounts totaled $271.1 billion as of the first quarter, down $4.9 billion or 2% from the prior quarter. Federated's fixed-income assets totaled $41.8 billion at Mar. 2011, up 3% from the fourth quarter. Its equity assets totaled $31.6 billion in the first quarter, also up 3% from the prior quarter. Equity and fixed-income net flows for funds and separate accounts totaled $327 million for the quarter. Revenue, at $238.9 million, increased by 3% from a year earlier. Earlier Thursday, another money manager, Franklin Resources Inc. (BEN), reported a 41% jump in profit for the fiscal second-quarter fueled by rallying markets, cash inflows from investors and fee growth. Franklin Resources' shares closed Thursday at $127.33, up 1.2%. -By Aparajita Saha-Bubna, Dow Jones Newswires; 617-654-6729; aparajita.saha-bubna@dowjones.com

Stock News for Federated Investor (FII)
DateTimeHeadline
06/12/201414:51:30U.S. Stocks Fall to Session Lows
11/15/201306:57:25Millennium Management 3Q 13F: Largest Eliminations
11/15/201306:57:17Millennium Management 3Q 13F: Largest Purchases
11/15/201306:57:17Millennium Management 3Q 13F: Largest Sales
11/15/201306:57:17Millennium Management 3Q 13F: Largest Eliminations -2-
12/20/201220:22:12S&P: AbbVie to Replace Dell on S&P 100
07/06/201217:50:18Firms Close Some European Funds to New Investment
06/27/201214:20:05Dexia in Final Talks for Sale of Asset Management Unit
06/21/201215:20:09Money Funds Need More Reforms, SEC's Schapiro Says
06/20/201218:00:07Money Market Fund Industry Says Regulation a Threat
06/20/201217:34:09Money Market Fund Industry Participants Say Regulation, Bank...
05/30/201220:53:30Dexia Asset Management Attracts More Interest: Sources - Reuters
04/05/201210:27:17Fifth Third Says Federated Investors Acquiring $5 Billion Of...
04/28/201118:39:34Federated Investors 1Q Net Income Down 21% On Legal Expenses
02/28/201109:12:06MUTUAL FUNDS:Deciding Between The Fund And The Fund Co.'s Stock
08/18/201014:19:07Mutual Fund Firms Stagger Back From Lows Seen During Crisis
07/16/201009:53:01Federated To Acquire $17 Billion In Money-Market Assets From...
02/11/201008:45:10Fed, Mutual Funds, In Talks To Drain $1 Trillion From System...
10/22/200919:07:26Fee Waivers Cut Into Federated Investors' 3Q Earnings

Federated Investor and other New York Stock Exchange stock quotes are delayed by at least 20 minutes.
All other stock price data is delayed by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated.
By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions
Contact Us | Copyright 1999-2007 ADVFN PLC. | Privacy Policy | Investment Warning | Data accreditations | Investor Relations

ADVFNADVFN ItalyADVFN GermanyADVFN FranceADVFN BrazilADVFN JapanADVFN UKADVFN US noad