ADVFN - Advanced Financial Network.
HOME» NYSE » A » AMX Stock Price » AMX Stock News

America Movil Share News

 America Movil, S.a.b. De C.v. Stock Price
AMX Stock Price
 America Movil, S.a.b. De C.v. Stock Chart
AMX Stock Chart
 America Movil, S.a.b. De C.v. Stock News
AMX Stock News
 America Movil, S.a.b. De C.v. Company Information
AMX Company Information
 America Movil, S.a.b. De C.v. Stock Trades
AMX Stock Trades

Brazil to Suspend Some Mobile Phone Sales by 3 Firms - Report

SAO PAULO--Brazil's telecommunications regulator has opted to suspend sales by three mobile phone companies in some states because of the volume of customer complaints, the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper reported on its web site on Tuesday. The regulator, known as Anatel, will from Wednesday suspend mobile phone sales by TIM Participacoes SA (TSU, TIMP3.BR), a unit of Telecom Italia SpA (TI, TIA, TIT.MI), Oi SA (OIBR, OIBR4.BR) and Claro, a unit of Mexico's America Movil SA (AMX, AMOV, AMX.MX), according to the report. TIM won't be allowed to sell in 15 states, Oi in six states and Claro in three states, according to the report, which didn't disclose which states would be affected. Anatel has called a press conference for later on Tuesday afternoon "to discuss the quality of mobile phone service in Brazil." A spokesman for Anatel declined to comment on the Folha article. The companies will only be allowed to restart sales once they present an investment plan for the next two years, with goals to resolve problems with the quality of the service they're providing to customers, according to Folha. Together, the three account for around 70% of the Brazilian mobile phone market; Telefonica Brasil SA (VIV, VIVT4.BR) is the fourth operator, with the remaining 30% share. Anatel has been monitoring performance over the last six months, according to the report. Shares in the two locally-traded firms to be affected, TIM and Oi, were down 2.4% and 3.5%, respectively, while the broad Ibovespa index was up 1.1% on the day. Shares in Telefonica Brasil were up 0.6%. New York-traded shares in America Movil were down 1.1%. Write to Matthew Cowley at matthew.cowley@dowjones.com Subscribe to WSJ: http://online.wsj.com?mod=djnwires

Stock News for America Movil (AMX)
DateTimeHeadline
09/10/201421:10:23Ricardo Salinas to Buy Televisa's Stake in Iusacell
08/21/201407:32:00Brazilian Court Gives Green Light to Airwaves Auction Process
08/19/201408:25:49Telecommunication-Tower Operator T4U Plans IPO in Brazil
07/21/201418:03:34ADR Shares End Mixed; Philips Shares Trade Actively
07/14/201419:30:42America Movil Secures Majority Stake in Telekom Austria
07/09/201417:30:46ADR Shares End Higher; America Movil, Teva Shares Trade Actively
06/30/201417:04:08ADR Shares End Mixed; Philips, America Movil Trade Actively
06/27/201418:49:40Slim to Buy Back America Movil Stake from AT&T
06/27/201418:48:41Carlos Slim to Buy Back 8.3% America Movil Stake from AT&T
06/17/201406:22:21Telekom Austria's New Ownership Structure Approved by Regulator
06/11/201418:22:03Ecuador to Begin 4G Mobile Spectrum Talks With Private Operators
05/19/201410:47:33America Movil Shares Fall Sharply as AT&T to Sell Stake
05/15/201408:39:20America Movil Publishes Takeover Offer for Telekom Austria
05/13/201413:41:03Argentina Plans to Auction 4G, 3G Wireless Licenses
04/25/201407:17:59KPN Net Profit Down 98% -- Update
04/24/201407:55:12Brazilian Mobile Subscribers Up in March; Vivo and Tim Gain Share
04/23/201419:00:12America Movil to Make Bid for Telekom Austria -- Update
04/23/201418:10:30America Movil to Make Bid for Telekom Austria
04/23/201412:24:36Social Media Protests in Mexico Shape Telecom Bill
04/16/201417:10:07American Express Profit Rises on Higher Revenue

America Movil and other New York Stock Exchange stock quotes are delayed by at least 20 minutes.
All other stock price data is delayed by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated.
By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions
Contact Us | Copyright 1999-2007 ADVFN PLC. | Privacy Policy | Investment Warning | Data accreditations | Investor Relations

ADVFNADVFN ItalyADVFN GermanyADVFN FranceADVFN BrazilADVFN JapanADVFN UKADVFN US noad