Historical Stock Chart
1 Year : From Jun 2012 to Jun 2013
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- UNS Energy Corp. (UNS), the second-largest investor-owned utility in Arizona, has rolled out a new web automation program for its customers using a combination of Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle SOA Suite.
- UNS Energy's primary subsidiaries include Tucson Electric Power (TEP) and UniSource Energy Services (UES), which generate value for customers and shareholders alike by providing safe, reliable energy service to more than 630,000 customers across Arizona.
- UNS Energy decided to enhance its manual, phone-based customer management processes with a comprehensive web automation service to help it optimize the customer experience.
- Building on its existing Oracle infrastructure, UNS Energy selected Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle SOA Suite to provide a flexible, scalable and high-performance foundation for the web automation project. Going forward, UNS Energy has planned that all new and upgrade projects requiring integration and business process automation will also leverage the Oracle SOA Suite platform.
- The web automation service allows TEP and UES customers to easily manage all aspects of their accounts on their respective websites, significantly improving efficiency and the user experience.
- Through the updated websites, TEP and UES customers can now quickly and easily manage all aspects of their accounts, including billing and payment details, new program enrollment and account transfers.
- TEP and UES expect continual increases in the web adoption rates as more functionality is added to their web sites.
- Based on the success of the Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle SOA Suite deployment, UNS Energy plans to use Oracle Fusion Middleware for all future data and application integration.
- As TEP's and UES' SOA middleware continues to grow, TEP and UES intend to continue to evaluate and implement SOA best practices. Oracle Coherence and Oracle Enterprise Repository are now being considered as part of TEP's ongoing strategic initiatives.
- "We're constantly striving for innovative ways to improve our customer service. Offering automated account management on our websites will offer added convenience to customers because it gives them greater direct control over their accounts," said Roger Brown, Manager of Enterprise Applications for TEP and UES. "The high performance, scalability and availability of Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle SOA Suite give us the foundation we need for our long-term web automation plans. We will continue to assess how the Oracle technology can benefit processes at an organizational level and we plan to extend the use of Oracle middleware solutions going forward."
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing
- Oracle WebLogic Server blog
- Oracle WebLogic Server on OTN
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle SOA Suite via Facebook and Twitter
- Tucson Electric Power homepage
- UniSource Energy Services homepage
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus