Oracle Corp. (NYSE:ORCL)
Historical Stock Chart
5 Years : From Sep 2010 to Sep 2015
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that GREE, Inc., a global mobile social gaming company, uses Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage 7420 appliance and Sun Fire X4170 M2 server with Oracle Solaris 11 to support their social network data analysis.
- GREE currently uses Oracle products to build the data analysis service for its Japanese social network, which combines social mobile games with a variety of social media services, worldwide. GREE collects terabytes of log data every day to analyze traffic and service patterns in its effort to continuously improve customer service.
- To accommodate its rapid expansion, GREE also recently adopted the Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliance, a high-bandwidth storage solution with over 1 petabyte of capacity, and Sun Fire X4170 M2 equipped with Oracle Solaris 11, to strengthen its analytics capabilities while allowing significant savings in total acquisition and operating costs.
- From its initial experience with both technologies, GREE has already seen the following benefits:
- Oracle Solaris 11 InfiniBand support on both the Sun Fire X4170 M2 server and the Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliance can deliver proven high-speed connectivity at 40 gigabits per second.
- Oracle Solaris DTrace Analytics for simplified data management allows GREE operators comprehensive access to storage usage patterns, including the individual user level, application level, and hardware level.
- Low cost per terabyte storage and excellent cost/performance ratios through the use of Flash storage based Hybrid Storage Pools.
- Cloud-scale and cloud-speed OS flexibility. GREE can now quickly and safely update both the Oracle Solaris operating system and their applications, with minimum downtime for individual OS, and can rapidly create data analysis environments to respond to increasing workloads and new software deployments.
- Security engineered for the cloud. Oracle Solaris 11's end-to-end security makes it easy for GREE to develop data analysis systems. Oracle Solaris will automatically leverage the built-in security functions of the underlying system, satisfying both performance needs and development/deployment flexibility.
- High reliability throughout the hardware and software stack. Oracle Solaris features including built-in ZFS end-to-end data integrity enables GREE to deliver the service levels required to track tens of millions of users on an "always there" basis.
- GREE, Inc.
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances
- Oracle's Sun x86 servers
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus