Cec Entertainment (NYSE:CEC)
Historical Stock Chart
5 Years : From Jul 2011 to Jul 2016
Workday, Inc., the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources (HR), payroll, and financial management, and CEC Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: CEC), a leader in family dining and entertainment, today announced that CEC Entertainment has selected Workday's solutions to manage its financial processes and a workforce of approximately 17,000 employees. With Workday, CEC Entertainment advances directly to a modern, unified SaaS system for financial management, HR, and payroll, bypassing the era in which traditional on-premise systems were the only choice for large enterprises.
As a unified SaaS-based system for financial management, HR, and payroll, Workday provides to CEC Entertainment:
- A multitenant SaaS delivery model, viewed by CEC Entertainment as the right direction for business systems, both today and in the future. Workday manages and delivers updates to all of its customers three times a year over a matter of days to ensure customers are current on the latest application and technology innovations. This update process dramatically reduces IT complexity and costs, allowing CEC Entertainment to focus its IT staff on business enablement -- not infrastructure management.
- Access to critical business information and services for a workforce increasingly on the go through Workday's innovative mobile solutions available on all modern smartphones, as well as native applications for the iPad® and iPhone® mobile devices.
- An intuitive interface and a consumer-like user experience that will appeal to CEC Entertainment's digitally savvy workforce for fast, broad adoption.
Workday Financial Management provides CEC Entertainment with:
- A business-event driven financial solution that supports comprehensive financial accounting requirements on a unified, global platform.
- Customer-defined Worktags that let managers track transactional data and analyze it across dimensions such as personnel, customers, products, regions, and projects.
- The ability to dramatically simplify its chart of accounts, reducing administration and maintenance costs, while maintaining rich multi-dimensional business visibility.
- Built-in controls at the transactional level to support governance and compliance in all regions in which it does business.
Workday HCM offers CEC Entertainment:
- The ability for employees to easily update their own information, such as address changes, using mobile devices.
- Industry-leading onboarding, administration, and talent management capabilities, expected to dramatically update how CEC Entertainment hires, deploys, and manages employees across more than 500 stores.
Workday Payroll provides CEC Entertainment with:
- A flexible solution with intuitive and configurable self-service capabilities for managing day-to-day and period-to-period payroll activities.
- Employee self-service for online payslips and year-end tax statements, manager self-service for analyzing pay results, and automatic tax updates via Workday's SaaS delivery model.
Comments on the News
"By selecting Workday, our company was able to leapfrog yesterday's on-premise technologies with a system that will support our business now and in the future," said Tiffany Kice, executive vice president, chief financial officer, and treasurer at CEC Entertainment. "The way Workday designed its system from the ground up, with features such as built-in business intelligence, auditing and controls, an incredibly intuitive user interface, and great mobile device support, demonstrated to us that Workday is uniquely positioned to best meet our business needs."
"With Workday, CEC Entertainment gains a unified, scalable and user-friendly solution that will grow with its business," said Dave Duffield, Workday co-founder and co-CEO. "It's exciting to see forward-thinking enterprises like CEC Entertainment completely bypass older generations of technology by embracing modern, cloud-based financial management and HR systems."
About CEC Entertainment
For more than 30 years, CEC Entertainment has served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place "Where A Kid Can Be A Kid." The company and its franchisees operate a system of 557 Chuck E. Cheese's stores located in 48 states and eight foreign countries or territories. Currently, 507 locations in the United States and Canada are owned and operated by the company. CEC Entertainment and its franchisees have the common goal of creating lifelong memories for families through fun, food and play. Each Chuck E. Cheese's features musical and comic robotic entertainment, games, rides and play areas, as well as a variety of dining options including pizza, sandwiches, a salad bar and desserts. Committed to providing a fun, safe environment, Chuck E. Cheese's helps protect families through industry-leading programs such as Kid Check. Chuck E. Cheese's aims to promote positive, lifelong memories inside and outside its stores. In addition to providing a fun entertainment experience for millions of families across the world, Chuck E. Cheese's has donated more than $6 million to schools and nonprofit institutions through its fundraising programs. For more information, visit chuckecheese.com.
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 280 customers, spanning medium-sized organizations to Fortune 50 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Media Contact Information