AKRON, Ohio, March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A. Schulman, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading global supplier of engineered plastics, masterbatches and specialty powders and distributor, will be featuring informative in-booth demonstrations showcasing innovations that have inspired the world of plastics at NPE 2012 in Orlando, Florida, April 1-5 in the South Hall, Booth 15000.
A. Schulman will demonstrate its commitment to the development of new technologies and targeted solutions adding value with these leading applications and products:
- The Company's Schulamid® Nylon 612 product platform for optimal performance in fluid management systems. This platform is a commercially viable alternative to Nylon 610, Nylon 11 and Nylon 12. Compounds optimized for fuel and brake system components will be on display.
- Newly launched Schulamid® 612 IC 4005W for industrial fluid management applications such as pneumatic tubing, protective cable jacketing, liquids transport, etc., for automation, materials handling and chemical processing.
- Introduction of Schulamid® HM series of high flow, reinforced injection molding nylon compounds, offering high modulus and high mechanical strength for metal substitution applications.
- A. Schulman Masterbatch announces "Surface Solutions – Bringing Performance, Appearance and Processing to the Surface." Polybatch® Surface Solutions provide aesthetic flexibility and functional control of critical surfaces in flexible and rigid applications.
- Polybatch® Concentrates are designed for optimal dispersion in injection and blow molding; sheet and thermoforming; as well as cast, blown and oriented films. On display at the show: dramatic custom colors, natural matte effects, textured synthetic paper, and functional enhancements in PP, PE, PS, PA, PET and PLA.
- A complete line of rotational molding powders in custom compounded colors, specialty stone effects, foams and natural powder. The Company's powders are designed and formulated for excellent performance and ease of processing in rotational molding applications.
- Custom powder services showcase – displaying ICO Polymers, a division of A. Schulman, featuring technical expertise in grinding a wide range of plastics, waxes, engineering resins, rubbers/elastomers, chemicals and inorganic materials into custom-sized powders tailored to suit a variety of applications.
- Polytrope® STR resins – a family of products that can be easily formulated to match any color and achieve any gloss level, from ultra low-gloss textured surfaces to a "painted metal" appearance.
- Distribution Services' broad spectrum of prime resins supported by industry-leading technical service and commercial support.
"A. Schulman is committed to translating complex performance, appearance and processing issues into functional formulations and meeting our customers' most challenging requirements," says Gustavo Perez, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer, The Americas.
A. Schulman provides global technical support for these products in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions, where it works with product manufacturers on application development; product selection, testing and validation; and manufacturability. Because of its range of products and product development labs in the United States, Belgium, Germany and Mexico, A. Schulman is able to serve a wide variety of markets.
About A. Schulman, Inc.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins. These materials are used in a variety of consumer, industrial, automotive and packaging applications. The Company employs about 3,000 people and has 34 manufacturing facilities globally. A. Schulman reported net sales of $2.2 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2011. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com.
SOURCE A. Schulman, Inc.