ADVFN - Advanced Financial Network.
HOME» LSE » B » BP. Share Price » BP. Share News

Bp Share News

 Bp Share Price
BP. Share Price
 Bp Share Chart
BP. Share Chart
 Bp Share News
BP. Share News
 Bp Company Information
BP. Company Information
 Bp Share Trades
BP. Share Trades
 Bp Share Message Board
BP. Share Message Board

BP Sues Bridas Over Collapsed Pan American Energy Deal

LONDON -(Dow Jones)- BP PLC (BP.LN) Tuesday confirmed it has filed a suit with a U.S. federal court asking it to uphold the termination clauses of its collapsed deal with Argentina's Bridas Corp. BP has also asked a judge to rule that Bridas isn't entitled to a $700 million termination fee if the deal is deemed invalid, according to a U.S. court filing. BP in 2010 agreed to sell its 60% stake in Pan American Energy LLC to Bridas, which holds the other 40% of the company, for $7.1 billion. The deal collapsed in November after Bridas pulled out. According to the court papers, Bridas accused BP of failing to disclose certain "facts" and that it considered the original purchase agreement "null and void." According to BP, the $700 million compensation fee paid to Bridas when the deal collapsed was returned by Bridas, which claimed the "area of mutual interest" clause in the original deal--an agreement that seeks to define which geographical lands the parties are allowed to extract oil and gas from--was still in force and the mutual release wasn't effective. However, Bridas now wants the $700 million to be paid to it and is also demanding that the "area of mutual interest clause" remains in effect, said BP, describing this as "a completely inconsistent position." "Bridas's claim of fraud is groundless and BP is confident that its case against Bridas is sound," said BP. Attempts to reach Bridas for comment were unsuccessful. -By Alexis Flynn, Dow Jones Newswires; +44 207842 9471, alexis.flynn@dowjones.com

Share News for Bp (BP.)
DateTimeHeadline
14/11/201417:29:06EUROPE MARKETS: European Stocks Slip; Eurozone Data Highlight...
14/11/201416:02:22LONDON MARKETS: Tesco Gains After Upgrade, But Miners Fall In...
14/11/201412:50:41EUROPE MARKETS: Oil Stocks Fall In Europe; Eurozone Data Highlight...
14/11/201410:01:22MARKET SNAPSHOT: London Stock Exchange Boosts FTSE 100; SABMiller...
14/11/201409:45:52LONDON MARKETS: Tesco Gains After Upgrade, But Resource Shares...
13/11/201417:55:50EUROPE MARKETS: Oil Shares Drop In Europe As Brent Falls Below...
10/11/201417:26:10Saudi Aramco, BP Say Oil Slump Won't Hit Investment Plans--Update
07/11/201417:25:39LONDON MARKETS: Miners, Oil Stocks Lead FTSE 100 To Third Day...
05/11/201417:26:41LONDON MARKETS: M&S Leads FTSE To First Gain In Three Days
04/11/201417:49:19EUROPE MARKETS: Stoxx 600 Sharply Lower After EU Cuts Growth...
04/11/201417:47:50LONDON MARKETS: FTSE Hobbled By Oil Firms, Eurozone Growth Concerns
04/11/201415:43:59European Energy Companies Weighed by Falling Oil
04/11/201415:16:44LONDON MARKETS: FTSE Bruised By Oil Firms, Eurozone Growth Concerns
04/11/201413:45:13LONDON MARKETS: FTSE Shakes Off Oil-firm Losses; Tobacco Firms...
03/11/201417:15:16LONDON MARKETS: FTSE 100 Breaks Four-day Winning Streak
31/10/201401:09:37Apple CEO Says He's 'Proud to Be Gay'
29/10/201422:49:23ADR Shares End Mixed; Sanofi, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria...
29/10/201417:58:35LONDON MARKETS: Oil Stocks Lift FTSE 100 As Crude Rallies
28/10/201417:20:12EUROPE MARKETS: European Stocks Rebound; Stoxx 600 Up 1%
28/10/201417:12:35LONDON MARKETS: BP Fuels FTSE 100's Move Higher

Bp Plc and other London Stock Exchange share prices are delayed by at least 20 minutes.
All other share price data is delayed by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated. By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions
Contact Us | Copyright 1999-2007 ADVFN PLC. | Privacy Policy | Investment Warning | Data accreditations | Investor Relations

ADVFNADVFN ItalyADVFN GermanyADVFN FranceADVFN BrazilADVFN JapanADVFN UKADVFN US noad