|HOME» LSE » V » VOD Share Price » VOD Share Chat|
Vodafone Share Chat :
- Nige Co 21:47:11 02/12/2013
- I won’t be selling my VOD shares for less than 300p, if I can help it. I hope to achieve this price within 3 years, in the mean time sit back and collect the growing dividend. Happy days. JMO. Nige Co
- Losos 10:41:52 28/11/2013
- Nige Co "I don’t think Vittorio would tell the market less than Two week ago at its results that “it had no interest in a spending spree” then doing the complete opposite by buying BT or SKY." I think you're right, I HOPE you are right :-)
- donaferentes 13:01:28 23/11/2013
- vikinsa - imho the value of VOD is currently more to do with the value of the special dividend post Verizon sale, plus a hint of buy-out rumour, than operating results driving the SP higher. So you can predict whatever you like, we won't really know until we get there, but the market seems to anticipate future value is likely higher rather than lower over all.
- MIATA 17:46:54 20/11/2013
- 23907, The point I was making was that to get full exemption from US WitHolding Tax (WHT) you need to hold the VZ shares in a SIPP. Regardless, you can claim (by completing a W-8BEN) partial exemption reducing the US tax from 30% to 15%. Obviously if you are a higher rate UK taxpayer holding the shares in an ISA would avoid UK higher rate tax.
- 666james 15:57:08 20/11/2013
- Miata, thanks for the info. IF I have understood it right there is no benefit for foreign held shares that would be in a ISA account....you can't claim the WHT back. It's OK if you have SIPP account...which I don't. Or have I misunderstood the information. Any help would be appreciated
- MIATA 16:33:02 19/11/2013
- If you intend to retain the Verizon shares you will receive, worth considering moving your Vodafone shares into your SIPP as the UK’s dual-taxation agreement with the US provides an exemption from US witholding tax on dividends for pension schemes.
- donaferentes 12:33:21 19/11/2013
- diku VOD goes ex-div tomorrow in respect of the regular interim dividend, but do you, or anyone else, know what the dates are (ex-div and settlement) for the special dividend in respect of the Verizon sale? Thanks
- diku 08:24:34 18/11/2013
- I wonder where would the share price be if it wasn't for this rumour of AT&T bid....the price is currently in no mans land holding out for a premium awaiting another bid...just hope this is not a false sense of security....
- anhar 10:30:51 15/11/2013
- ...Holding out for 250p fwiw. Why 250? A lot of small investors seem fixated on round numbers but you can't win by thinking like that because they are irrelevant. What should determine a sell is either the fundamentals or maybe some sort of chart action if you believe in that. Considered in isolation, no particular share price has any significance.
- wad collector 09:52:06 15/11/2013
- It would still be a very profitable company with lots of investment boxes ticked. I have a nasty habit of selling into what appear to be peaks , but turn out to be ledges. Happy to hold this one this time.
- Ian Davenport 10:23:40 12/11/2013
- I see Smythy is all over ADVFN ramping FML - if he thinks Vod is "increasingly grim", he must have very high ambitions! as I read that gotnorolex, we will get the cash a bit later, as presumably our ISA providers will have to pool them all together and cancel them for us.
- smythy4 09:10:51 12/11/2013
- vod is looking increasingly grim. Pointless hanging on in here with SO many other stocks taking off on AIM and money being made hand over fist. FML looks about to take off...overdue financial & op update due, & ex CEO forecasting mkt cap to increase by factor of 8 by end of next year! Buy FML (big vols already this a.m.)