|HOME» LSE » V » VOD Share Price » VOD Share Chat|
Vodafone Share Chat :
- TraderMichael 06:32:40 11/04/2014
- Vodafone had pledged to spend a chunk of the USD130 billion it got for selling its stake in Verizon Wireless late last year on bolstering its 3G and 4G networks in key regions. In Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific region, Vodafone has said it will invest GBP1.5 billion to extend 3G coverage across major cities and key regions and establish a fibre optic network.
- TraderMichael 06:31:26 11/04/2014
- Vodafone Group PLC has bought the 11% stake in its Indian subsidiary that it didn't own for GBP882 million from Mumbai-headquartered Piramal Enterprises Ltd. In a statement Thursday, Piramal said it will sell the stake for INR1,960 per share or INR88.98 billion, the equivalent of about GBP880 million. The transaction is expected to the be completed Friday.
- Erogenous Jones 21:56:16 07/04/2014
- Redartbmud, I go back a few years from you, but I have continued to accumulate and add to my holding as my exchequer permitted. Not actually sure of my average price as my portfolio resets each year. However, FWIW, i had during this time regarded VOD as a utility rather that as a telecoms company
- Erogenous Jones 21:39:05 06/04/2014
- redartmud - I suspect that unless there is a delay in the receipt of his/her expenses, your MP probably couldn't give a monkeys! Are the politicians really making decisions that the citizens of the country approve? Delighted to be considered an anarchist in that I disapprove of any form of government.
- brulot 13:36:03 04/04/2014
- Thanks but my question is simple, am I getting Vodaphone only and nothing else. Very keen to just get Vodaphone stock as a stand alone but have not been following events closely although aware of the Verizon deal.
- veryniceperson 11:10:34 04/04/2014
- True Miata. Vodafone got about 30 billion in cash, that's a fare old few year's of Virizon dividen payments. Let's hope they buy well and more importantly improve there networks to be the best in Europe. That is where new customers will come from. Early stages, but a good share long term especially for income seekers.
- MIATA 09:26:17 04/04/2014
- Shareprice direction tends to be based on forecasts of earnings growth. Year End Revenue£m Pre-tax£m EPS P/E PEG EPS Grth. Div Yield 31-Mar-14 43,683.42 7,619.95 14.22p 15.4 n/a -9% 11.06p 5.0% 31-Mar-15 43,447.68 3,212.45 9.98p 22.0 n/a -30% 11.36p 5.2% 31-Mar-16 44,905.42 3,614.65 10.68p 20.5 2.9 +7% 10.89p 5.0%
- veryniceperson 09:10:15 04/04/2014
- Ab. If it goes below 200 I will be adding. There is roughly 24 billion shares out there. At 200 a share thats 48 billion pounds, with its strong balance sheet,. Worth more than that. Would like to no what other think.
- donaferentes 16:34:34 03/04/2014
- Nobbet, if you don't already know the answer, I can't see how you need to know now! However, the answer is 30p per old share and it was paid on 4th March as promised (with a few exceptional screw-ups I guess). Do try to keep up!
- Nobbet 09:19:11 03/04/2014
- Easy question for one of you guys - we've obvious had the 6 for 11 consolidation and the .026 Verizon shares but has the estimated 30p per share cash payment been made yet and if so was it based on the old or new amount of shares held? Cheers in advance.
- harvester 09:40:53 01/04/2014
- Vittorio Colao now holds 9 mill + shares of VOD . Should give him enough incentive to maximise shareholder value. With his divi income from that over 450K per year he is not likely to cut the divi any time soon .
- harvester 08:41:03 01/04/2014
- Looks like the directors , especially Vittorio, have an appreciable share stake in the company . Could indicate a firm floor around 219/220 . red: can understand your frustration . Have you considered writing to one of the national newspapers ? They sometimes take up such causes .