|HOME» LSE » R » RDSB Share Price » RDSB Share Chat|
Royal Dutch Shell Share Chat :
- Erogenous Jones 15:37:33 16/10/2014
- Well, this afternoon my portfolio has perked up a little - off 1%. Actually as a general rule, the portfolio moves roughly 1% each day, but this last month has been really rather nasty and I am down the equivalent of 18 months salary. No point in worrying needlessly..... dividends continue to accumulate and I am happy with the UK/US and far East equities in my portfolio.
- EssentialInvestor 14:33:48 16/10/2014
- wad, fair enough, would agree that we are beginning to see some value. The big factor unknown is 2015 earnings across the market, there will be multiple revenue disappoints to come in many sectors, it's a case of if you think that is about allowed for at these levels.
- 4spiel 14:29:50 16/10/2014
- If you are a really a wad collector of conviction you buy more of what you bought maybe too high I suspect at better value- but will you have the nerve to buy when everybody is squealing? We will have a Santa rally starting early but where do we go January- March ?
- 4spiel 13:31:09 16/10/2014
- A lower oil price is a big input cost reduction for enterprise. Even oil pipeline companies that charge for the useage as per usual and not dependent on the oil price like KMI and BPL both dollar investments. But rather concerned about the upstream aspects of the majors- not the best of time to be drilling in cold dark places when tankers are oozing with the stuff!
- EssentialInvestor 10:51:50 13/10/2014
- Neil Woodford has a habit of getting it right and more importantly seeing trends well in advance of the consensus view. If he doubts longer term dividend sustainability I would not bet against his judgement, unless he has a change of mind. Oil going lower, just a question of how low and how fast, all imv only.
- zulu001 19:27:03 10/10/2014
- Brent North Sea crude for delivery in November tumbled to $88.11 a barrel in Asian trading hours, touching the lowest level since December 1, 2010. US benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) for November delivery sank to $83.59, a point last witnessed on July 3, 2012.
- ttg100 08:59:44 08/10/2014
- * Royal Dutch Shell has announced that it has started oil production from the Gumusut-Kakap floating platform off the coast of Malaysia, the latest in a series of Shell deep-water projects. The platform is expected to reach an annual peak oil production of around 135,000 barrels a day
- grahamite2 09:35:24 03/10/2014
- For all my pointing out the possibilities of a further retrace, I was impatient and got in at 2400 yesterday. Never mind. A portfolio without Shell is not a sound portfolio and it's a decent price, if not great.
- grahamite2 08:34:18 29/09/2014
- Thanks to those who provided links to MIATA's ghastly experience. I trust he's now recuperating quietly. As to RDSB - how far does the "BUY 2400 SELL >2610" mantra in the header still apply? The charts above are very short term and as a black subscriber I can hardly see longer term charts before they disappear, but it's been 2100 within a year, hasn't it?
- wad collector 10:23:13 26/09/2014
- I was sorry to see MIATA's last post - hope his postings will burst back into life again. The curious nature of the BB - anonymity but continuity . I just put a £24 buy limit in - for the first trade here in ages. Suspect the Oil Price will be bouncing up again soon ; hardly stability in the Middle East at present.
- Losos 12:39:23 27/08/2014
- imperial3 - "Needless to say,how many of these will maintain their dividends over the next few years?" Also, at least one of that list (Antofagusta)is a 'historical' yield, almost certainly the 'forward' yield will not be like that. A good company 'tho and I'm not knocking anyone who holds them.
- Chairman20 14:50:29 13/08/2014
- Guys Woodford is a pro investor he only talks when he has finished buying or selling - not before. If he is knocking Shell its because the price has got too rich for him to buy or chase. Like me really!!!