|HOME» LSE » R » RDSB Share Price » RDSB Share Chat|
Royal Dutch Shell Share Chat :
- wllmherk 22:00:15 20/04/2015
- I sold out today, fancy a bit of a correction with the election, Greece etc. Really interested to see what happens with the energy companies if Miliband gets into number 10. Should see a big spike in the sp of SSE/CNA if Conservatives get a majority. wllm
- moneysage 19:55:42 16/04/2015
- RDSA exceeded its recent previous peak today but RDSB not yet quite there yet and I anticipate a bit more upward momentum by RDSB until the normal price ratio between the two stocks reaches its long term average (and not by RDSA falling). Hope that made sense!!
- EssentialInvestor 09:05:58 16/04/2015
- Mark, I think that is the key tbh, high conviction trades which may mean less frequent positions. Sometimes it's best just to do nothing at all, which apparently I am still learning after all these years )
- supermarky 19:28:18 15/04/2015
- Hi ei cheers. I'm trying to make less trades but more profitable ones. If this has a good day tomorrow I may pull near my target as they've had a good bounce and it's near the end of the week. We'll see
- careful 13:38:01 14/04/2015
- This is a core holding for me. Long term this will pay great dividends per quarter and show solid capital growth. Looking for about 20% gain + dividends over next 3 years. A great hedge against a fall in stirling.
- EssentialInvestor 09:07:26 14/04/2015
- imperial, my cat Gump has a better idea on the oil price than me. RDSB like RIO I mainly trade, buying when sentiment is on the floor taking a couple of % and closing out. Have only ever lost on one trade when trading either of those stocks, it's not difficult as long as you do not get greedy.
- speedsgh 15:56:06 10/04/2015
- Any benefit of a weaker sterling on the Shell dividend would be negligible in comparison to the fall in wider markets + our portfolios if a MilliSturg govt was the ultimate outcome of the election imho.
- careful 15:40:59 10/04/2015
- shell quotes assets, dividend and just bout everything else in us $. they recently promised to pay the annual dividend at the present rate (at least) in $ for the next 2 years. if stirling weakens by 10% then the value of this dividend will rise by 10%. buying shell is a hedge against a weaker stirling.
- mr woodentop 14:54:37 10/04/2015
- wllmherk - I learnt the hard way too (had Jarvis shares), now routinely use stop losses on any shares that are a large chunk of my portfolio or particularly risky. Helped me when BP went down and also when Shell came down from the £25 peak
- mr woodentop 13:16:21 10/04/2015
- Accept comments re intention vs guarantee, but still think board will look at other options first. Personally feel OP may fall further but on a 5yr timescale it will have recovered and so will the SP. I love divis and i particularly like quarterly divis
- speedsgh 12:58:37 10/04/2015
- EI - Agree. I think the probability of Shell not meeting their 'intention' is very low but that does not amount to a guarantee. I opened a position yesterday just above 2000p + will be happy to add on further weakness. My motivation is 99% income driven.
- moneysage 11:41:56 10/04/2015
- Oil will bounce back as it does in spring.Shell will be over 3000 by 2018 - 50% increase and the biggest oil coup in a long time.Along the way the juicy divi will keep institutions in board as well as traders