|HOME» LSE » R » RDSB Share Price » RDSB Share Chat|
Royal Dutch Shell Share Chat :
- Sogoesit 13:29:37 05/02/2015
- WoW, Shell to start decommissioning Brent! It must be time for me to stop working in that case... as Brent was my first project at start-up! The only problem is my costs of decommissioning are quite high :-)!
- wad collector 17:22:13 30/01/2015
- I have been happy to trade these quite a lot in last few yrs , but I think the oil price has changed the game completely ; I think there are safer gambles. I hold quite a lot but would happily unload them on a bit of a rise.
- Stevie Blunder 09:35:07 29/01/2015
- Shell has not cut its dividend since the second world war, at least in dollar terms. It goes up and down with the dollar/exchange rate of course. They have a massive balance sheet with only 12.4% gearing. No CEO wants to break that record.
- 4spiel 08:43:48 29/01/2015
- Interesting they say that the dividend will be maintained 'for this quarter at least' -on Bloomberg this morning.Looks like a hold to me -needs price averaging in portfolio to reduce average cost as much as possible just in case though. IE use oil price volatilitybuy on dips sell on any rebound to get average cost down.
- wad collector 08:29:37 29/01/2015
- No hint of trouble in the usual rise of the newest dividend rns. I know they like to "carry on as usual" in the dividend dept , but it seems foolish to me to pretend everything is fine .It would be no admission of weakness to acknowledge that the cash flow has been strangled.
- 4spiel 11:03:40 27/01/2015
- Until we can really see how long this slump is likely to last better places even in oil than UK oil majors. Selling off assets and buying back shares about the best thing they can do after clearing up the environmental pollution that has wrecked swathes of not least Africa.Why are they still advertising on TVS that they are using sugar in Brazil to make ethanol- it does make you laugh !
- EssentialInvestor 12:15:08 14/01/2015
- Agree, as I posted it's the major factor. This is back on my watch list now, may be an opportunity to add sub £20 imv. Edit, bought a few, nearly 4% cheaper than yesterday, will add sub £20 if that price is available.
- EssentialInvestor 23:08:29 05/01/2015
- kfp, I disagree with him on RR as posted on that board, it's only one man's assessment ultimately, however gifted he is. It's a valid point on VOD, however for some context you also perhaps need to look at how BT.A, his now preferred telecoms play has performed since - BT.A traded at approximately £2.60 a share in FEB 2013.
- grahamburn 09:25:58 23/12/2014
- Baffled - what on earth has an dividend payment to do with limit sells or for that matter an ex-dividend date especially for a widely traded stock? Anyway the dividend was paid on Monday first thing so even less relevant. If that was your broker saying that, I'd change your broker!
- THEwheeliedealer 22:28:17 20/12/2014
- Hi Everyone, I just posted Part1 of my Buy Rationale for a trade I did on RDSB a couple of days ago in the Blog Section of my Website.... This has a fair bit on the Oil Price and Part2, which is more RDSB focussed, should go live on Monday. regards, wd hTTp://www.wheeliedealer.weebly.com
- mr woodentop 10:44:46 17/12/2014
- if one of the nations key costs reduces ie energy and people have more money in their pocket every month how does this equate to recession? Am i missing something? short term pain on oil company sp but long term gain in getting the market moving
- Sogoesit 09:55:11 11/12/2014
- Just a note to all forecasters, the last "slump" lasted over 15 years! (I know as I worked in it!) Good luck (with the accent on the last word)! Having said that, I will probably re-enter RDSB sub-2000p. (RDSB should be robust enough down to $35/bbl; BP is a "Dud", the clue is in the name!)