|HOME» LSE » P » PCH Share Price » PCH Share Chat|
Pochin's Share Chat :
- the troll 18:00:11 31/03/2014
- ......blah, de blah, de blah....., 112 days of 'discussions' & absolutely zilch to show for them. what the hell's going on ?? if this Nicholson isn't willing / able to meet the NED's price, show him the door & let's put an end to these nauseating 4 weekly extensions.
- topvest 20:08:13 02/01/2014
- I think an agreed bid is likely. The bidder must have been 100% sure that 40p would be rejected. They have just done it this way so that they pay 50-55p rather than 60-70p. Happy to cash up the small number I hold and move on.
- the troll 18:28:15 02/01/2014
- if they persist with 40p & the NED's blow them out with 'not in the interests of shareholders......seriously undervalues the business, blah, blah......', will they go hostile ? it's possible; they have c. 44 % & need another c. 7 % to secure control of the board. interesting, we'll know more Monday ( ie, put up or shut up day )
- topvest 20:40:16 09/12/2013
- They have to be joking... "The indicative offer received is below the closing mid-market price of a Pochin's share of 41p on 6 December 2013." and just as the market picks up. Greedy!!! Since when is less than half of book value anything like acceptable.
- jonwig 09:50:20 05/09/2012
- I looked at this a few years ago. Yes, the asset backing is tempting, but I will never buy PCH, as the various family interests hold about 80% of the stock between them. There's a fashion for de-listing and this looks to be a prime candidate.
- hybrasil 08:03:32 05/09/2012
- This share was beloved of John Lee. It is quite a disaster. Its market cap is £5M against assets as of nov 2011 of £22m. A little turn in the construction world which if history is anything to go by must be coming could really turn these around. I hope when I look back at this post that I am correct!
- jonwig 16:11:12 15/04/2009
- With a MCap of £13.5m and net assets of £48.6m (all tangible) this ought to be a recovery situation. But ... there's the gearing, forecast (broker) of losses in 2010 and 2011 and over 50% of the shares are 'family' (or families).
- M.T.Glass 10:45:04 21/11/2007
- Broker downgrade yesterday (Charles Stanley). Some horrible words and phrases within that company statement. "Challenging".."difficult".. "cautious".."delays".. any one of which would sound like a warning bell.
- Sleepy 11:43:43 09/02/2004
- Congratulations - You must have made many hundred percent on your investment! I invest in a very small number of small companies and am finding it hard to find value at present. Have very few holdings at present but have held onto Pochins. I would be very interested to know what other shares you like? Sleepy
- Forensic 19:22:39 04/02/2004
- Yes I have been a long term shareholder in Pochins and have Annual Accounts back to 1986. The shares have been a very profitable investment. If the compound growth rate in net asset value continues at 12.3% per annum, then in 5 years time the NAV would have increased by over 78% (and the share price likewise if it goes up in line).