|HOME» LSE » M » MKS Share Price » MKS Share Chat|
Marks & Spencer Share Chat :
- Folderboy 16:04:25 08/07/2014
- "Older shopper numbers are inevitably dwindling" . . surely they are not. Ageing demographic and so forth. Disposable income of the 60+ generation should make MKS a winner - the real issue is surely why so many of this generation (my generation) have deserted M&S.
- Alphahunter 09:09:59 08/07/2014
- Asagi, I found shorting far more tricky than being long in these markets, naturally. I think that the bulls' argument for being long in MKS is the generation of FcF at this stage, with peak investment behind us. I may succomb to that argument for a week or two. No position here.
- Casholaa 19:56:24 20/05/2014
- What they need to do is add short-term cheap clothing stock that is well designed and also designed for the european body and not the oriental body. They need european designers and cutters not oriental ones.
- MIATA 10:39:36 20/05/2014
- Yes I think Johnwise summed M&S up well. His "kind of clothes you'd be embarrassed to buff the car with" was classic. I wonder whether the the 'high fashion' items featured are actually loss leaders and are merely enticements into the store in the the hope people will buy the profitable rubbish.
- smartypants 15:56:33 10/04/2014
- FTSE 100 trades 0.3% higher at 6655.54, helped by the more dovish tone emanating from the minutes of the latest Federal Reserve meeting. The Bank of England kept rates on hold as expected. Hays climbs over 5% after a bullish trading statement, but Marks & Spencer slumps 3.3% despite reported a 1.9% rise in fourth-quarter sales, slightly above the 1.8% rise in the third quarter.
- MIATA 15:35:56 07/04/2014
- M&S is expected to underwhelm with its latest trading update on Thursday. The company is widely expected to post a decline of 1% in its clothing division in the first three months of the year, while sales within the Food division are forecast to be flat.
- mechanical trader 18:46:31 02/04/2014
- Looks like MKS as found support and rising from a double bottom pattern. SP targets are resistance lines to be taken out on the chart. The oscillators are looking very bullish. The company reports on the 10th of April a Trading Statement.
- Kendonagasaki 21:09:59 16/01/2014
- M&S still need to trade the year yet!They are going to fail to deliver!No one is shopping the stores and the bad news will continue to follow them.I'm just waiting its good for 4,00 yet.Delayed reaction that's all!
- leadersoffice 14:30:58 09/01/2014
- Well...I'm speechless I have to admit. This wasnt the share price I quite had in mind, but its welcome. Looks like Bolland may have a little more time to see the fruits of his labour. I hope there worth it, for all our sakes.
- leadersoffice 12:15:25 06/01/2014
- As far as i can see, Marc Bolland never had a position at Somerfields. His forte is clearly food and drink and that he excells at. To be fair the rot set in with the decline in clothes sales long before he arrived at M&S. He'd been better staying at Morrisons.
- Johnwise 09:03:33 06/01/2014
- Would not touch it with a barge pole until they get the management sorted This Saturday morning only two men waiting at the check out and that is on a sale day promotion? Asking ridiculous high price for very mediocre clothes and that farce of some members of its staff not serving the indigenous population with alcohol tell us all we need to know about M S management
- bookbroker 08:26:15 03/01/2014
- Too many stores, compare with NXT, Mks 700+ against NXT 200 or so, overheads too high, too much stock required, not enough online evidently, profits now less than NXT and twice the size in terms of sq. footage, probably more! Need to streamline and fast, concentrate on more profitable stores and vacant weak ones.