|HOME» LSE » M » MKS Share Price » MKS Share Chat|
Marks & Spencer Share Chat :
- smartypants 15:56:33 10/04/2014
- FTSE 100 trades 0.3% higher at 6655.54, helped by the more dovish tone emanating from the minutes of the latest Federal Reserve meeting. The Bank of England kept rates on hold as expected. Hays climbs over 5% after a bullish trading statement, but Marks & Spencer slumps 3.3% despite reported a 1.9% rise in fourth-quarter sales, slightly above the 1.8% rise in the third quarter.
- MIATA 15:35:56 07/04/2014
- M&S is expected to underwhelm with its latest trading update on Thursday. The company is widely expected to post a decline of 1% in its clothing division in the first three months of the year, while sales within the Food division are forecast to be flat.
- mechanical trader 18:46:31 02/04/2014
- Looks like MKS as found support and rising from a double bottom pattern. SP targets are resistance lines to be taken out on the chart. The oscillators are looking very bullish. The company reports on the 10th of April a Trading Statement.
- Kendonagasaki 21:09:59 16/01/2014
- M&S still need to trade the year yet!They are going to fail to deliver!No one is shopping the stores and the bad news will continue to follow them.I'm just waiting its good for 4,00 yet.Delayed reaction that's all!
- leadersoffice 14:30:58 09/01/2014
- Well...I'm speechless I have to admit. This wasnt the share price I quite had in mind, but its welcome. Looks like Bolland may have a little more time to see the fruits of his labour. I hope there worth it, for all our sakes.
- leadersoffice 12:15:25 06/01/2014
- As far as i can see, Marc Bolland never had a position at Somerfields. His forte is clearly food and drink and that he excells at. To be fair the rot set in with the decline in clothes sales long before he arrived at M&S. He'd been better staying at Morrisons.
- Johnwise 09:03:33 06/01/2014
- Would not touch it with a barge pole until they get the management sorted This Saturday morning only two men waiting at the check out and that is on a sale day promotion? Asking ridiculous high price for very mediocre clothes and that farce of some members of its staff not serving the indigenous population with alcohol tell us all we need to know about M S management
- bookbroker 08:26:15 03/01/2014
- Too many stores, compare with NXT, Mks 700+ against NXT 200 or so, overheads too high, too much stock required, not enough online evidently, profits now less than NXT and twice the size in terms of sq. footage, probably more! Need to streamline and fast, concentrate on more profitable stores and vacant weak ones.
- Casholaa 19:28:43 02/01/2014
- They had that first mover advantage (quite mercenary for mks) with the 30% off a few days before xmas but the bad weather hit them. They did the 30% off again the following day again but limited to either online or instore only. The m&s foodhalls have done exceedingly nice. Not sure of what the market will make of it.
- uknighted 19:13:20 23/12/2013
- Saw a guy on the tv today saying it is only right that people's culture should be respected and M&S were right. Well, for that person's information, it is my "culture" to buy alcohol in M&S. Where is the respect for my culture?
- yewtrees 09:51:46 23/12/2013
- I have just seen the Next advert in the paper, absolutely all sale items half price, starts boxing day. The trend seems to be forming now. Why pay the full price when you can get it cheaper in a day or so. Debenhams are one of the worse cases of this, they have so many special discount days.
- yewtrees 09:07:28 23/12/2013
- I also think you are forgetting on-line sales. They will be up a good amount this year. It has been on the news, the amount of deliveries being sent to people's workplaces. And buy on-line and collect from store, Marks and Spencer are using this, you can collect goods from any store even your local food store.