|HOME» LSE » M » MKS Share Price » MKS Share Chat|
Marks & Spencer Share Chat :
- Casholaa 22:59:14 14/12/2014
- Forget the target. IMVHO targets have gone out of the window. The slide isn't to do with performance but politics and oil prices. In my view mks just won't get a fair run on the ftse in the present climate just like other ftse companies.
- Buys in jars 18:24:26 05/12/2014
- discounters are cyclical, they come and go. the concern in sainsburys share price is massively overdone. there was a bid going seven years ago at around 600p, the price now is 238p. £22 billion capital investment since 1988 for a market cap less than £5 billion
- portside1 08:38:54 11/11/2014
- Sandwich maker goes ahead with Hungary hire drive Supermarket supplier Greencore recruits in eastern Europe, despite benefiting from official funding to create Northamptonshire jobs will never buy another sandwich from m/s
- kristini2 07:38:56 05/11/2014
- Naos, if you are thinking of closing a short to go long in the hope of margin trading you have zero chance of making money at trading, by the time you close the short at the open and pay the margins on both trades you are statistically limiting your opportunities to profit every time
- Johnwise 08:52:39 03/11/2014
- If they went back to the quality they offered in the 80s their profits would rise. Now selling some gents sports jackets without a lining ? Their clothes bombed after they started outsourcing to the Far East. It affected the sizing as well.
- nofool 23:15:15 23/10/2014
- Interesting stuff, but will it get the sp moving north in the near term. Not by much I would wager.. hTTp://corporate.marksandspencer.com/media/press-releases/2014/mands-begin-uks-largest-roof-mounted-solar-panel-project
- wipo1 22:34:14 13/10/2014
- This looks one of the best shorts on the FTSE, does anyone even buy clothes in this shop now? Dead retail space has been a major long term problem from retailers since the recession, a big part of the big retailers current problem, all the non food stuff that does not sell, that is M&S's big problem with clothing!
- EssentialInvestor 13:57:30 12/10/2014
- I went to search their website yesterday, found it barely usable. Look at the recent Kantar data on MKS % market share in clothing to the end of August, that is a highly significant drop and should not be underestimated.
- Folderboy 16:04:25 08/07/2014
- "Older shopper numbers are inevitably dwindling" . . surely they are not. Ageing demographic and so forth. Disposable income of the 60+ generation should make MKS a winner - the real issue is surely why so many of this generation (my generation) have deserted M&S.
- Alphahunter 09:09:59 08/07/2014
- Asagi, I found shorting far more tricky than being long in these markets, naturally. I think that the bulls' argument for being long in MKS is the generation of FcF at this stage, with peak investment behind us. I may succomb to that argument for a week or two. No position here.
- Casholaa 19:56:24 20/05/2014
- What they need to do is add short-term cheap clothing stock that is well designed and also designed for the european body and not the oriental body. They need european designers and cutters not oriental ones.
- MIATA 10:39:36 20/05/2014
- Yes I think Johnwise summed M&S up well. His "kind of clothes you'd be embarrassed to buff the car with" was classic. I wonder whether the the 'high fashion' items featured are actually loss leaders and are merely enticements into the store in the the hope people will buy the profitable rubbish.