|HOME» LSE » I » IRV Share Price » IRV Share Chat|
Interserve Share Chat :
- Verulamium 21:47:52 11/09/2014
- edmundshaw - IRV have won the BBC contract from another FM, not from the BBC providing it internally. The work involved has been outsourced for at least a decade. They'll have undercut the other providers by a tiny amount. The fact that they think that they can provide a similar level of service after making cuts like that displays an incredible amount of stupidity/arrogance/naivety.
- edmundshaw 20:28:50 11/09/2014
- The mere fact that IRV can be mooting 54% and 33% cuts just shows how inefficiently the licence fee may be spent - not even mentioning helicopters over Cliff Rcichards' house (as not in IRV ambit). Interserve could be good for our pockets in more ways than one!
- Optimist 20:51:24 03/09/2014
- I think you will find that most of their heritage stems from Douglas Construction which took over Tilbury in the 1980's. I think, at the time Tilbury were mainly into housing, but that part of the business was closed down. They also took over a number of smaller companies, including How Group who were heavily into the services industry.
- BertieBru 10:09:00 14/07/2014
- I have just spent an hour wandering through the Interserve web site. It really is incredibly informative and shows how widely the company spreads its net. This is extremely valuable for us shareholders. If one market is in difficulties there are always several others doing well. Very much worth a read.
- edmundshaw 11:47:27 09/07/2014
- Disagree. I would hate for board time to be taken up with accountancy issues for weeks four times a year. Twice a year is enough for any non FT100 company. But I do think this statement is very thin. Even as a trading update it is almost insultingly laconic for such a large company.
- THORPEMATT 09:52:05 09/07/2014
- IRV exceeding investors expectations again with this morning's trading statement with a total of FOUR sentences! "It was like watching Brazil v Germany all over again" said one city analyst... " "... I mean, we knew the likely result but we were just stunned by the size of the thing, amazing"
- Prince_Frog 15:51:24 19/06/2014
- Loss of momentum? Concerns over Qatar 2022? UK Small Caps rolling over? Lack of news flow? I understand management is on the road in a couple weeks meeting with brokers/anlysts, perhaps that will help.
- wad collector 09:05:42 03/06/2014
- Certainly gone off the boil , but I remain happy to hold ; I think it has strong enough fundamentals and forward order book to resume upwards progress before too long. But I suspect the biggest rises are behind us and with the FTSE around all time highs can't be a bad time to leave.
- The Juggler 09:51:45 17/04/2014
- Hiya El :-). They are firmly on my radar too. Been holding quite a while and was determined they would make 700p by today. I know they did this recently but general market conditions have prevailed unfortunately. Good company, great CEO.
- wad collector 21:34:54 01/04/2014
- You may have timed that well. I rashly decided to put a limit sell at 751p on a quarter of my holding but it did not quite trigger. I was tempted as it is a three bagger for me now and rather a large part of my portfolio. However , not too upset as I remain convinced it is a good hold.
- jeffian 11:51:49 27/03/2014
- Not sure how appropriate the thread title is any more! The header post makes interesting re-reading - "Interserve (Services, Maintenance & Building Group) currently has a 2009 dividend Yieldof 10% and a 2009 P/E of 4.1X." !!!
- M.T.Glass 13:30:05 28/02/2014
- 580p is a premium of just under 1% to yesterday's closing price. The annual results statement helped in that regard I guess. The remaining £175m for the acquisition (minus available cash if used) being debt.