|HOME» LSE » I » IRV Share Price » IRV Share Chat|
Interserve Share Chat :
- The Juggler 19:39:17 26/01/2015
- Wad Collector, I topped up myself about a week ago, but I am still adrift. Large holding so I am keeping the faith and hoping Mr.Market recognises the value here, because I cannot see what has pulled the SP down to this degree.
- The Juggler 08:36:32 23/01/2015
- Standard Life will be in here for the long haul and doubtlessly at some point in the future these will rise. However it is a frustrating time for private investors, particularly when there is no obvious reason for the continuing decline in the SP.
- shawzie 15:47:58 22/01/2015
- One of the things that I like about Interserve is, intangibles less than shareholder value and the fact that shareholder value seems to be improving from year to year. Although I hold Carrillion, the fact that intangibles is 50% greater than shareholder value is of some concern and no growth in shareholder value.
- Salpara111 14:26:21 22/01/2015
- Interesting to see weakness today giving the implication that it might drop to the 450 region. I guess the next update will be something of a Curates Egg, weakness in the middle east with strength at home. The issue I have is that there is now a lot more risk associated with the business than a few years ago when I was last invested.
- lambeater 14:03:23 22/01/2015
- The 'imminent good news' I was given a while back by an Interserve middle manager turns out to be a red herring, possibly he as well as we are pawns in a game. CLLN sp by contrast has done well recently, a spread that's working against me.
- Salpara111 13:35:17 15/01/2015
- It is not so much about its direct exposure to the oil sector, rather their exposure to middle eastern countries whose expenditure is heavily dependent on the oil price. IRV are pretty diversified. I am happy enough with my entry at 505 but I accept that it may drift a little lower.
- wad collector 10:20:05 07/01/2015
- "Since the Interim Management Statement on 12 November 2014, the Group has continued to perform in-line with expectations. " As you say , that will do. Hard to predict the oil price effects ; a lot depends on the duration of the price dip ; which no-one can forecast any more than they forecasted the dip itself. Happy to hold , and will add some more if any more weakness.
- edmundshaw 09:06:58 07/01/2015
- Trading update today seems fine. Oil services is a relatively small part of the business, and ME business is unlikely to fall off a cliff - what is contracted is going to get done in all but extreme cases - so I still maintain this is undervalued given the progress over the last few years and the Initial earnings boost to come.
- jeffian 10:27:57 12/12/2014
- I imagine that the market's concern here is that the collapse in the oil price is impacting on the revenues of oil-producing countries. There's a piece in today's Telegraph about a collapse in the Dubai market over concerns that property companies will come under pressure.
- BertieBru 10:44:26 03/12/2014
- Jeffian Many thanks for reminding us of the accounts details. The small margins on UK construction have always been at that level, but construction provides cash flow for other parts of the business. Interim payments and the like provide ready cash for other activities.
- edmundshaw 22:57:56 02/12/2014
- Yes. 2% might sound scary if you are new to the sector, but it's a pretty normal kind of margin for this kind of business, at least those I have looked at. The key is not to make any really bad deals that cost big time. Some of that is down to careful contract conditions; I hope and expect IRV have the experience necessary to get those right.
- LuckyMouse 16:16:35 23/11/2014
- Its a read across from Serco which is doing the anvil off a cliff routine - that said from a trading point of view Serco may just have spike btm'd so that could signal a trading turn here - IRV downswing is losing momentum & bounced off the 566 floor & 100W MA