|HOME» LSE » I » IOM Share Price » IOM Share Chat|
Iomart Share Chat :
- worsleybird 13:13:18 17/09/2014
- Correct me if I am wrong but IOM HQ base is Glasgow - this may have put the wind up the bidders in view of the Scottish Referendum. Sure there are plenty on the sidelines waiting for Friday's result. After all IOM is a successful company at the end of the day, AIM market obviously a drawback.
- ianst99 17:56:59 16/09/2014
- Why buy now with a possible YES vote in the referendum. My view is they will be back with 300p in 6 months time if there is a NO vote and the business forecasts hasn't changed. If you were the bidders would you buy just now or wait with an understanding that 300p will be accepted in 6 months time. When they made their offer for IOMART the referendum wasn't a big deal.
- worsleybird 10:03:27 16/09/2014
- Management took money off the table last year 1 October 2013 at 275p via a placing, and analysts agree that to giving those investors a reasonable return must be a bare minimum from any takeover. Now if you were one of those shareholders buying in at £2.75 would you be happy with nil or a 10p profit on a bid - would you vote for a takeover ????
- opodio 07:45:38 16/09/2014
- iomart has released a statement confirming Host Europe/Cinven does not intend to make a formal offer for the company, with no explanation from either party funny how it started to fall yesterday must be a can of worms, scottish worms
- gnnmartin 17:13:41 15/09/2014
- Looks like there will be no bid after all. The deadline was 16th if I remember correctly, but I don't know whether that means a bid on the 16th is too late or just in time. Anyhow, the last minute dive in the market says 'no bid'. No RNS yet though (or at least, it has not got through to me yet). Nigel Martin PS. The RNS is out: Cinven talks terminated.
- gnnmartin 21:18:13 12/06/2014
- I too am surprised. I bought a few more at 250, and am so far resisting the temptation to add a few more again. My guess at the reason for the derating is that people feel that now the big boys are focusing on the cloud, relatively small fry like Iomart will be crushed. Nigel Martin
- WJCCGHCC 10:03:59 12/06/2014
- Bought back a few. I'd guess the fall is due to a derating of the data centre sector or the Scottish Referendum combined with lack of liquidity. However, the PE is now below 16 vs Telecity's 19 and they only have one data centre in Scotland and have indicated they'd probably move to the UK if there's a Yes vote.
- cutlosses 16:55:06 20/03/2014
- I got out of IOM at 281 in October 2013 having made a nice profit but wishing I'd sold at £3 plus. Cannot see a good reason for this now being less than £2.50 so considering reinvesting. Am I missing something?
- tomrob 11:48:57 27/02/2014
- Candy floss girls seem to be bringing in the traffic to the stand, not so easy to see if it's the right kind of traffic or just people who've been trawling the show all morning and are looking for a sugar hit to keep going.
- phil140158 17:50:11 16/01/2014
- Interesting RNS, L&G have reduced their holding from 6.9 million to below 5.3 million, transaction completed 13th January. Yet the share price has increased steadily all week. I wonder, should we expect another holding RNS shortly?
- tomrob 16:11:45 16/01/2014
- Bengt Saelensminde of Money Week covered them in an email that went went out yesterday afternoon/early evening. The article did seem to have incorporated some misconceptions over the acquisition of Backup Technology but it was broadly positive so that could have contributed to todays trading and price movement.
- Lascala 09:49:09 19/12/2013
- hxxp://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/articles/iomart-adds-buy-to-build A positive overview of the business and acquisition strategy, with Shares Magazine commenting, “The slide to 250p looks like a useful chance to climb aboard once more and we suspect the generally neutral market stance may prove too cautious.”