|HOME» LSE » G » GKP Share Price » GKP Share Chat|
Gulf Keystone Share Chat :
- lardner23 19:02:40 31/10/2014
- eddie, one man's view? His propositions are worthy of discussion, but I'm not sure what he says stands up to close, real life scrutiny. And his bonus culture stuff is weak. Bonuses have been around forever. As I said, there are good and bad aspects of share buybacks. In Exxon's case, it's generally approved of by Wall St and, frankly, for shareholders that's quite important.
- nestoframpers 18:27:46 31/10/2014
- Welcome back JB . ISIL is a side show , ICG budget is a side show , LT there will be plenty of cash per capita GNP Kurdistan will be top of the table once Independent arrives .What happens to GKP as we limp towards that goal ? I am hoping that the market will be seen to be bullish on the Kurdistan oil fields come the 13th .
- lardner23 18:16:10 31/10/2014
- #382817 eddie47, there are pluses and minuses of share buy backs. It is rather popular in the US. For a company like Exxon, I suspect your comment about a broken business model is rather wide of the mark.
- eddie47 17:39:16 31/10/2014
- So Exxon will be spending $3bn in buying back their own shares (the sign of a broken business model). Where's the ROI in that! Oh sorry, I forgot, it is the only way management can maintain their bonus levels. Bonus’s linked to SP performance, the curse of the New Capitalism.
- mxds 17:27:17 31/10/2014
- Pimpernel that's just the sort of talk the manipulators of stock love to hear because they know they can squeeze the pips and you'll sell out.With this stock simply stuff it in the bottom draw and take a gander when an rns pops up. That way you'll get the true news and not be sweating the small stuff.
- xclusive2 17:26:04 31/10/2014
- The KRG are bust ? This can't go on indefinitely and is coming to a head. Option1 is the easiest for all, if not decided by year end then an independant Kurdistan will be a reality sponsored by the States who will have had their fill of Baghdad ! Smarty
- pimpernel4 17:01:08 31/10/2014
- I was expecting to end this week in the mid 40s. Since it is now a matter of surviving to fight another day, I'll take above mid 60s for now with a touch of gratitude and still hope to survive this pummeling. Good weekend all. Looking up from here on in.
- stucom 16:40:19 31/10/2014
- but phillis,aint that(and more) being rectified on the 13th,cos look at the whoooooooooooooooosh this week.and you KNOW,the sp never lies!!.....sorry,an UP week has got me all a giddy.wouldn't wanna be out.........after dark,there's some strangly dressed people about.
- Phillis 16:34:54 31/10/2014
- The KRG is bust. Great assets but no cash Cash can only come from Baghdad or from a position of independence recognised by the rest of the world and free from legal challenge by Baghdad. The former can be achieved more quickly than the latter Failing that we have a continuance of the current hand to mouth existence in which no local asset can be fully valued
- cutthecagain 15:51:27 31/10/2014
- 17, I couldn't care for double digit billions. I think the £8 was a scam and I can't see us reaching that figure in a take over let alone any higher. In the words of Hayward, I just want my life back. This is an experience I never wish to repeat.
- johnbuys 15:15:47 31/10/2014
- If GKP sees another AGM with all licences intact, I'll eat my hat. I think payments/oil & gas law will be sorted by year end. Then GKP will be snapped up faster than me drinking that glass of wine. (all imo)
- highlander7 14:28:54 31/10/2014
- Rudaw English ‏@rudawenglish 11s11 seconds ago #Iraqi president Fuad Masum vows to implement the Iraqi constitution and ensure that #Kurdish rights are protected. Read more: hxxp://gkpinvestor.proboards.com/thread/10279/kurds-rights-protected#ixzz3HjV3WYhI