|HOME» LSE » F » FWEB Share Price » FWEB Share Chat|
Fiberweb Share Chat :
- bearbully80 14:23:08 25/09/2013
- does anybody understand cfd trading? today's rns says there were two more long cfd bets increased again yesterday, both now covering well over 2m shares each, with "price per unit" of 102.5p and 102.65 respectively. does the share price have to go back above Blackstone's 102p offer for these cfd trades to show a profit?
- bearbully80 15:44:30 24/09/2013
- thank you sharw. so tomorrow, they can hopefully stop confusing everybody with the 103.2p nonsense. so ... the Blackstone offer, as of 16:30 today, is worth exactly 102p per share (~30% below what Petropar paid).
- JoshuaWU 14:40:12 23/09/2013
- Date : 23/09/2013 @ 14:07 RNS Number : 6566O Cheyne Capital Management (UK) LLP 23 September 2013 Derivatives (other than options): CFD 1,791,671 1.03% CFD Increasing a long position 1,280,000 102.80p
- sharw 12:19:19 19/09/2013
- bearbully80 - in theory, yes lots of people with one share each could influence. However, these have to be in your own name (not nominee) and so the dealing cost would completely outweigh any benefit. AFAIK most nominees are pooled and so 'Brokers Holdings PLC' will appear as the shareholder with one vote in that section even though it represents dozens or even hundreds of different individuals.
- jeffian 19:01:57 18/09/2013
- The bid is 103.2 including a 1.2p divi so it's all in the price less the divi for which you would have to hold until 27 September. The odds on a higher bidder coming in when 35% of shares are already irrevocably committed are very long indeed, so this is all about a measly 1p or so. In this market, you should be able to make that back in 5 mins!
- jeffian 18:15:15 18/09/2013
- bearbully, It's almost certainly a done deal and many people will wish to move onto other opportunities now rather than waiting for an odd penny or two in a couple of months' time (the sort of timeframe these things take). It's just the old upside/downside argument; the upside here is capped so why not move onto something where the prospective rewards are greater?
- royaloak 20:15:47 17/09/2013
- Apart from the shares, I increased my holding with cfd's the last few days, the chart and price action said it all. I may buy more shares if profit takers come in needing the money elsewhere, if it provides a payback within a few weeks has to be better than money in the Bank!
- topvest 18:11:08 24/08/2013
- I agree that the offer is not that appealing and may flush out another bidder. Management at Fiberweb have been disappointing though and seem to lack faith in the company's prospects, so I'm not surprised that they are happy to accept a short term mediocre return. Think they could have done better.
- meijiman 09:06:14 22/08/2013
- Well done Melody. I bt into Fiberweb on the back of an article in Shares magazine. Not my usual modus operandi. I was casting around for value and this seemed to stack up. Paid 80p. Have to agree with others that its a lowball offer.Kentz is more difficult to call. with this I think they will get taken out,so Hargreave Hale are on the right lines-IMHO.
- connor23 13:28:27 20/08/2013
- Agree with all that PP. I am happy to hold for now. I suspect the deal with PGI will go through though. Not sure how many competing offers we would likely attract, but we shall see. Bit of a shame as this was a nice solid hold while their end mkts recovered over the course of next 12-18 months. Mustn't grumble though.
- shauney2 07:55:20 20/08/2013
- Agree there it trader.It would have got to the quid anyway so disappointed the board seem ready to accept the potential offer it so easily. It was a tuckaway share with on a lowly rating paying a long term dividend.Has a great balance sheet with plenty of cash. The offer is for 97.5p plus the next dividend of 1.2p.Cheap. Worth holding on for a better offer.
- it_trader 07:42:56 20/08/2013
- Bit gutted actually. This was supposed to be a long term solid share paying a good divi in my portfolio. It would have got to 97.5p on it's own steam I'm sure. Presume the management have been offered some good severances/assurances to accept the first offer.