|HOME» LSE » B » BDEV Share Price » BDEV Share Chat|
Barratt Developments Share Chat :
- valedo 12:18:33 21/07/2014
- Taffee, you say that you are expecting a housing crash. Yet your target price is 300 for bdev! It would be sub 100 in no time when the crash comes a few years down the line. Meantime you must be a little bear with a big growl. I still see circa 500 as building gathers momentum. It has barely taken off yet.
- EssentialInvestor 10:22:35 12/07/2014
- If there is a wider equity market correction then everything gets hit, cheaper prices are available from GSK to BDEV. Outside of that you are miscalling the UK housing market IMV, you are 2/3 years too early, at least. Most PI's will hold this in a basket of much wider shares, it's not all or nothing.
- taffee 08:06:16 12/07/2014
- Fair enough...look I'm not trying to wind people up here...I genuinely Believe something very nasty is going to happen in stocks and property which Is about to pan out.....giving a lesson to investors on risk management Expect some very negative articles.on property prices over the next few months
- taffee 12:29:18 11/07/2014
- What exactly am I at?...posting opinions on free internet discussion boards within the rules????? I feel bearish views should be welcomed otherwise people think shares only go up And we have emergency central bank policies because things are so bad
- Whizzy1 23:44:12 02/07/2014
- Not a holder here lads but just wanted to add some positive news, I'm a builder/developer by day and I'm struggling to buy certain bricks and internal blocks from Travis Perkins, they told me today they won't have the bricks I need until 3 months, brickworks operating 24 hours too.
- Hutch_Pod 12:18:31 02/07/2014
- Interesting comment on the generally strong Persimmon trading update today hxxp://sharecast.com/news/persimmon-first-half-revenues-up-by-a-third-as-forward-sales-slow/21833283.html Doesn't sound like forward sales will slow for long though given the construction boom
- Dime 22:32:48 29/06/2014
- Interesting post Ricky46 re plasterboard manufacturer being at full capacity. I was speaking to two of our customers last week, both senior managers in their respective businesses - one involved in cement and the other in brick manufacturer. Both unrelated but saying exactly the same thing, working flat out to maximum capacity and forward order book and just cannot keep up with demand.
- Hutch_Pod 12:23:18 29/06/2014
- It is quite different here regarding supply. When we get closer to the 250k new homes a year target other factors need to be considered but at 150k, we are still short. Nice transcript of Carney interview here. hxxp://www.channel5.com/shows/5-news/features-archived/bank-of-england-boss-tells-5-news-interest-rates-will-rise-in-a-limited-and-gradual-way
- CockneyRebel 11:53:20 28/06/2014
- Lovely isn't it - at 450p you couldn't find a bear in the builder sector. All about timing imo :-) Bought a load of BDEV, BKG and RDW over the past week - super opportunity as the funds start to try back in again after trimming imo. And the great thing is, as small investors you can fill your position much faster than they can All imo/dyor etc. CR
- MechonRage 21:36:44 22/06/2014
- We are not near a top yet. Once your taxi driver starts giving you share tips then perhaps it's time to worry but this constant bearish drivel is nonsense. Sure, we'll get a pullback sooner or later but this bubble needs more hot air to get prickable, too many people are like you taffee for things to crash. Bears need to be completely killed before a top is in.
- valedo 13:36:30 25/05/2014
- tiger20, taffee would NEVER do that. Search his thousands of historical posts. But he does think that he is impressing folk on here with his understanding of bear markets. In other words, a wind up merchant, and a boring one at that.
- Penycae 09:51:31 20/05/2014
- Just in play at the moment. Nothing more,nothing less. Take a seat at the table, draw a few long hands. Sooner or later you'll walk away up. 20p downside risk, that's all. Got it from my trading partner, who's ex Goldman Sucks. Fact that he's also a monkey shouldn't phase you...... Trade well and prosper Earthlings.