|HOME» LSE » A » ASY Share Price » ASY Share Chat|
Andrews Sykes Share Chat :
- keithfox 07:35:49 29/09/2014
- They keep saying they will become less weather relaint but how can you when you deal in pumps/heaters/aircon? Also, small changes in turnover have a big effect on profits. A 10% drop in turnover can have a 30% effect on profits as they have a high level of fixed costs that doesn't change much. When they increase turnover it pretty well goes straight to profits. Working on the weather bit.
- Jeff H 16:54:08 28/09/2014
- A rare kick in the goolies from ASY. I thought performance would not be as weather reliant as previous years but apparently not so. Piece of good news is that the company will save nearly £1 million a year in pension contributions from next year. So I'll hold for the divi and better times...or rather worse weather.
- QuePassa 07:54:51 26/09/2014
- Curious. Outlook seems buoyant/ "cautiously optimistic that the group will return a satisfactory performance for remainder of 2014" Despite poorer H1 performance, interim dividend massively increase to 11.9pence per share (up from 8.9p last June ). Increase by 33%. ALL IMO. DYOR. QP
- keithfox 14:08:17 24/09/2014
- Normally the last week of September and they are normally a day after/before London Security. No sign of LSC results either so I imagine it'll be next Wed/Thurs for the 2 results as the board normally go to London on Tuesday to give the results the OK. So, I don't know but probably next Wednesday. Could phone the co but they'll come soon enough!
- thelongandtheshortandthetall 16:01:33 04/09/2014
- Such tiny volume and the sp rises considerably. I would say that if anyone wants to by into ASY they're going to have to pay up for the pleasure. Saw one of their vans yesterday.....I know that makes no difference to anything but it did put a smile on my face. kind regards
- ignoble 11:29:10 28/08/2014
- How right you were Keith ....the Express Headline about a record August proved rather optimistic ! Guess we wait for the next set of earnings figures in the coming weeks. Will be interesting as always.
- QuePassa 11:47:27 17/07/2014
- Floods and now heat-waves. On the bright side, Andrews Sykes provides an important service to help cope with the increasingly extreme weather patterns. Clearly good for demand for their products and services. ALL IMO. DYOR. QP
- Horndean Eagle 19:13:57 13/02/2014
- Bit disappointing to hear Sykes still have plenty of capacity on hand. Would have thought they would shifted the lot by now. Still getting things dried up takes an age so I doubt that will stay the case for too much longer.
- battlebus2 14:02:15 12/02/2014
- Held these a few times but have bought back over the last few days, can't see these trading below £4 for very long given the demand for their pumps and with weather conditions getting worse if anything.